BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
First visit to Anegada!

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Trip Reports -> British Virgin Islands
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Note First visit to Anegada!

Many thanks for all the information posted on this site - I may have never ventured out to Anegada!

I had the pleasure to sail with my friend Pete the third week in January. Pete brought his boat down in November as part of the Caribbean 1500 Cruising Rally from Hampton, VA. My wife and I flew in to St. Thomas and met him at the Coast Guard dock. Pete wanted us to sail with him to St. Martin as he had not made that trip before , so we worked our way up to Leverick Bay hoping the wind would back to the North. No luck with that, I suggested we give Anegada a shot!

What a treat that turned out to be. I had copied the sailing directions from this site and the corrected buoy GPS numbers. They were spot on - his C-Map chip was indeed off!

Three days of limin' around were the highlight of our trip. We may have missed Jimmy by a few days, but we were at the Anegada Reef Hotel bar on Inauguration Day when the Bushwhacker was ceremoniously renamed the Obamawhacker!

Thanks also go out to our fabulously entertaining "limo" driver Jimmy.

Dave

[img]

[/img]
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:58 pm    

Very cool! Smile

Welcome aboard, glad you had a great time, many more I bet!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Trip Reports -> British Virgin Islands All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use