BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Sunsail 39i

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Charter Boats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikonop
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Note Sunsail 39i

Any one have experience with this boat? We charted two of them for early May.
Any input would be nice to hear.

Thanks,

mike
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:44 am    

No experience on the 39i but I did just experience the initial charter of a new Sunsail 362 (which is really a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 36i).

I don't know that my description of the 36i will be of any help at all with your 39i but here goes:

There was little noticable difference between this 36i and a Sunsail Jenneau Sun Odyssey 38 2 cabin boat we charterd a few years ago.

The main difference I noticed is there is a 12 volt fridge now instead of the engine driven compressor fridge of the past. Nice to have the fridge running 24/7 especially with new batteries.

Windless control switch is in the anchor locker (where I like it) instead of down in the forward cabin.

The GPS chart plotter at the helm was very handy and the first boat I've sailed with this feature.

The cockpit storage lockers are becoming fewer as I think boat builders are trying to increase rear cockpit(s) head room. However the 362 had an enormous lighted storgage locker behind the shower. Room for all kinds of gear and bags.

The boat seemed to get overpowered quickly. Not sure if it is beacause the sails are brand new and not stretched out like the older boats I was used to or what. It was a windy week during our trip and the main was single reefed the entire trip and the roller furled 135% geneoa was never out more than 100% and usally out to only 75%. But we had to roll up the jib many times, due to more squalls than I've ever encountered before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Charter Boats All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use