BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Application for BVI Pleasure Fishing License
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next, All  
Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:57 pm    

Why do you want to get a fishing license?
Rusty
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:43 pm    

To be legit. To have a souviner. But license or not, I will fish.
Backe
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:37 am    

I have been trying to get a license as well. It started off pretty good and I got an email adress to Mr Kenrick Thomas who was kind enough to send the application forms. I returned them togeteher with creditcard info and passport pictures and waited.

Two days ago I mailed him again to check if there was any progress, his reply was fast and short:

"This is the only email I got from you."

Checked my outbox to see if I forgot to send the applications but i hadnīt. Sent then again and asked him to confirm that he recived the application, no reply.

Devided all the attachments into 4 different emails in case the mail was to big for him to recive, no reply.

Mailed him again yesterday to check if he recived anything, no reply.

Well, leaving my office and faxmachine today, arriving Tortola tuesday. Guess I will have to take my chanses. Their loss unless they bill my card.
Rusty
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:54 am    

Mr Kenrick Thomas is also my point of contact.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:54 am    

The easiest way to get a fishing license is to contact Scott at Island Surf And Sail - http://www.bviwatertoys.com/

He will get your license for you and have it waiting for you when you get here.

He is very reliable.
Rusty
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:16 pm    

Oh well I tried. Extra pain killers for the crew.
Rusty
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:18 pm    

And hopefully a Mahi Mahi steak
TarheelJohn
Link to this postPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Note Shore,yak,dingy, sailboat fishing license requirement

So are we all in agreement....? No real requirement if you are fishing from shore, kayak, dingy, or sailboat ?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:14 am    

I'm in agreement.
Kerry
Link to this postPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:49 pm    

I am in agreement too..
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:55 pm    

Kerry being in agreement means a lot. There are few people around that know as much about the ins and outs of life down on the water here as her.
Kerry
Link to this postPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:00 pm    

Smile I was going to add "at this point in time" things may change on a dime..as we all know.
TarheelJohn
Link to this postPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:27 am    

Kerry, I am looking forward to the Marolanga.
Kerry
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:26 pm    

Good to see you on line and researching the fishing possibilities John! Gosh I do hope the fishing luck picks up for us shortly....
Fred
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:10 am    

In May, we decided to purchase 1 license ($45.00) for our main fisherman - mainly because we planned to head up to the north drop and troll around w/o sails. An interesting twist to this was that our charter company asked to see our fishing license when they saw we had tackle. I don't know what they would have done if we didn't have a license. We were never checked by the BVI fisheries folks.
Fred
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next, All
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Terms of Use