BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Application for BVI Pleasure Fishing License
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next, All  
Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject:  Application for BVI Pleasure Fishing License

Click here for an application for a BVI Pleasure Fishing License.

The application was reproduced and generously provided by Glenn Ashmore.
Link to this postPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 1:31 pm    

Walker,

Thanks for posting this. With the apparent change in enforcement, this will be very handy.
Link to this postPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:17 am    

Hey guys. As of 2/06, the cost for a "pleasure fishing license" is $25.00 + $10.00 fee for a total of $35.00 (not $45). The previous form is inaccurate. Have fun!
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:52 pm    

The form I printed still says $45.00 on it. Will they process it if I send $35.00??
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:08 pm    

I am sure that they will process it. The $45 is on the instruction page. I just uploaded the new form.
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:20 pm    

Wlaker, Thanks, that was really quick! You updated the link! I printed it out!
I see you are a pilot also, I fly the ones with no engines (sailplanes)
It sounds like we will get to meet you on our trip to BVI!!
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:49 pm    

I am a glider pilot also -- got my glider rating in 1975. I also have hundreds of hours as a tow pilot!
ChrisfromCT
Link to this postPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:29 pm    

If i am only fishing from shore... do i need a license?

this still the appropriate form?

thanks

Chris
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:52 pm    

No Fishing Permit required when fishing from shore!
ChrisfromCT
Link to this postPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:04 pm    

Does fishing from a Kayak counts as a "boat"????

If i need one.....
Is the above form the right one to use still?

Chris
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:30 pm    

I would not worry about a license while kayak fishing. The license thing is only enforced for real boats. For that matter, it is actually only enforced for sport fishing boats. While technically a license is required for fishing from a sailboat, the practical matter is that it is never enforced. There is a big difference between the sport fishing sector and the fishing-while-sailing sector. To date, the enforcement actions have all come against sport fishing boats coming out of the USVI but fishing in BVI water.
ChrisfromCT
Link to this postPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:35 pm    

Thanks for all your help Walter.

1 month and 7 days and i will be there!! CANT WAIT!!!
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:49 am    

Walker wrote:
I would not worry about a license while kayak fishing. The license thing is only enforced for real boats. For that matter, it is actually only enforced for sport fishing boats. While technically a license is required for fishing from a sailboat, the practical matter is that it is never enforced. There is a big difference between the sport fishing sector and the fishing-while-sailing sector. To date, the enforcement actions have all come against sport fishing boats coming out of the USVI but fishing in BVI water.

Welp then I'm a sucker, bought 4 fishing permits to avoid being busted while trolling under sail this year alone...
While it all sounds good, if a charter sailor were popped for no permit, the same still goes, confiscate the vessel and go to jail and also pay huge fines??
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:58 pm    

Just giving empirical observations.

The only enforcements that have been reported involve USVI charter boats venturing into BVI water with no permit.

On the other hand, lots and lots of charter boats fish with no permit. Never heard of any getting busted - and they would be such easy targets. Yeah - it could happen, but as far as I know never has.
Rusty
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:02 pm    

Well, I'm not having much luck with this process. First day call the number ask for the ext, ask for a
license. Give the nice person me email to recieve the form. I get no email. I wait a couple days and try again. I get the email but the attachment wasn't attached with the email. I email him back and ask him to resend it. This time the attachment will not open. I come to this sight and down load this form from this thread. I send it to the person I'm dealong with to ask if this is still the correct form. I get no reply. So today I go ahead and send every thing he asked for with this form and still get no reply. Now what? confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next, All
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Terms of Use