BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Three Palms
Goto page 1, 2  Next, All  
Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Island Grog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlsmith54
Link to this postPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Star Three Palms

Some of the guys and I were kinda drinkin on the docks one night(go figure) here in Branson, when one of the guys brought out three bolltles of Three Palms Rum. Since it was an emergency as we were running out of alcohol (part foul), we decided to give this a try. Big Surprise!!! This stuff is so good, one hesitates to mix it with anything. Long story short, we finished all three! Best part...NO HANGOVER!!!

Here's a review I found on a Rum only Website.

http://whyistherumgone.com/rum/three-palms/
I recommend this stuff, now if I can only find some. Nobody seems to remember where it came from.

Cheers,

Randy
Link to this postPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:59 am    

Well hello there,

I realize this is 3 months old, but this is the first time I've seen this link back to our page. I just wanted to say a couple things:

1. If you find out more about this rum would you mind relaying the info?

and

2. Thanks for looking at our site.

Everyone should buy this rum. For an unknown it's fantastic.

Cheers ya dogs,
Tremens, Captain of whyistherumgone.com

rlsmith54
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:30 pm    

Wow !!! It's cool to hear from you. Sorry I didn't see your reply earlier.

I found three palms quite by accident. Someone left two bottles on my boat as a gift. One night we were, as usual, partying on the boat dock when we kinda ran out of booze. The women were having coconut Rum drinks and the guys (four of us) didn't like them, so I brought out a bottle of Three Palms. Shots all around, and we were on our way. Someone fired up the grill and through on a Flat Iron steak, we sliced it thin and passed it around. Befor we knew it we were half way threw the second bottle. At that point we began to mix it with the coconut Rum to slow down consumption. By the time we turned in, we had quite the buzz going, and the next morning no one had a hangover.

Problem is, now I can't find any in this area !!! That's actually how I found your Website, I googled Three Palms Rum and there you were. I do enjoy your tarticles. GREAT FUN !!! Still lookin !!!

Randy
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:55 pm    

Heya Randy!

That sounds like a great night. We ended up with a bottle of Three Palms after having seen it sitting on the shelf at the local store in L.A. for months, always on sale. Smile We were all very happy with the bottle and I think we easily killed it almost as soon as it was opened.

Sadly, I haven't been able to find any information on it other than one or two other reviews. I couldn't even find contact information for the company on the label. None of the normal places to order from online seem to have even heard of it. I just recently moved to Washington and there is certainly no Three Palms here. I have just called the crew down in L.A. though to make them check the store for more and ship me some if they can find it.

If I find a place to get some I'll be sure to let you know.

Cheers,
Tremens
rlsmith54
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:41 pm    

Gary,

Have you guys tried the Arundel Rums from the Callwood distilary in Cane Garden Bay, in The British Virgin Islands? It's very limited and hard to get. We visit the distilary when we are in the Ilons but rarely find it open. This last Feb. I picked up a bottle of their Callwood Aged Spiced Rum. Pretty good neat, but throw in a cube, and it really wakes up. Don't know if you can get it in the states. The Arundels they sell, I've never seen here. Check out this info. page on Callwood's.

http://www.bareboatsbvi.com/cgb_callwood_distillery.html

Worthhaving it just for the History.
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:12 pm    

No, I've read good things about it, but everything I've read said it's not available in the states. Ineed to get out of here and get some new rums in me.

Cheers
Gray "Tremens" Beeman
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:37 pm    

Callwood's is not available anywhere outside Cane Garden Bay! The distillery is the only source for it.

Personally - I always say "I never met a rum that I didn't like." Then I remember Callwood's.

I do not like Callwood's. Other than as a crude charcoal lighter fluid, I have no use for it. Dem's strong words coming from a guy with 30+ varieties of rum in the house.

I have two well-aged (10+ years old) bottles of it sitting here in Houston - that I will gladly trade for something drinkable.
rlsmith54
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:02 pm    

Walker,

You have the advantage of the big city on your side. When out and about, could you see if you could find some Three Palms Rum. I somewhat remember the night we drank it on the dock, but nobody can remember wher it came from. I do remember it was good, and no hangover.

If you can find it, we;ll figure out a way to get it to me.

Randy
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:29 pm    

Heya Walker,

I'd love to work out a trade if you're really willing. I'm always looking to try new rums, even lighter fluid ones Smile

And Randy,
I got an email from one of my guys in L.A. about twenty minutes ago, he says they've got some at that store we originally got ours from. Payday is on Friday and he's agreed to pick up a few bottles then. So if you've got no other option, I may have one.

Cheers.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:05 pm    

Just checked - the two bottles of Arundel are still here... They are lokking for a new home...
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:51 pm    

Nice! What would you consider a fair trade?
fuplayer
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:53 pm    

Walker, have you tried Barrilito? Specially the 3 star? A great sipping Puerto Rican Ron.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:40 am    

I have a few bottles of Barrilito Three-Star in Houston, and a couple more on Anegada. We just call it "Ron", and it is our favorite sipper.
AndyW
Link to this postPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:16 am    

The little convenience/food/liquor store in the mall complex by the yacht harbour on VG had Callwood's Arundel rum for sale so they must be selling it outside the distillery. I took note of it cause I got sucked into paying $10 bucks for a tiny bottle of it at the distillery and the store in VG had a much bigger bottle for $15. Shocked

Haven't tried it yet and will likely give it to friends who bought us a bottle of banana rum in St. Lucia. The one I can't take is Pusser's. That stuff is just nasty.
rlsmith54
Link to this postPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:37 am    

I did buy a bottle of the Callwood's Spiced at the distilery in Feb. I am not a fan. It was just okay on the rocks, but neat wasn't good. Better in a mixer. Wasn't worth the $22.00. This Three Palms I've been looking for is in another league for $10.00

Randy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Island Grog All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Goto page 1, 2  Next, All
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Terms of Use