BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Aristocat II No Longer in Charter Service with Pro Valor
Goto page 1, 2  Next, All  
Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Charter Boats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H Man
Link to this postPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:45 pm    

That means AC2 is at Anegada!
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:45 am    

H Man wrote:
That means AC2 is at Anegada!

Nope - AC II is not at Anegada. Chuck and crew are here on Sanctuary. AC II was taken out of charter service by the owners two days before Chuck's charter was to start. His charter was fully prepaid, and he was not notified that the boat was being pulled from the Pro Valor fleet. Pro Valor did some last-minute shuffling and was able to let them sail on Sanctuary (an IS37).

Yeah, Chuck is really pissed. He will tell the full tale when he gets back.
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:20 am    

No worries!
Tell Chuck he is sailing on the winner of Foxy's Cat Fight in the under 40' class.

Sanctuary is also quite nice and almost identical to ACII, she also has a wind generator, solar panels and forward cooler that keeps stuff really cold!

ACII was looking about an inch tall when Sanctuary finished race 2!!Exclamation Exclamation
H Man
Link to this postPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:51 am    

Pulled from service?? I will need to inquire with Brent as to the status of my June booking on AC2.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:08 pm    

H Man wrote:
Pulled from service?? I will need to inquire with Brent as to the status of my June booking on AC2.

Absolutely - AC II is no longer with Pro Valor.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:16 pm    

Walker wrote:
H Man wrote:

Absolutely - AC II is no longer with Pro Valor.

Hmmm...waiting to hear the story...

We have chartered a boat with Brent for January - I hope there aren't problems with his service... *shakes head*
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:34 pm    

I am not going to tell any more than necessary - but - Brent and Pro Valor are not to blame for this fiasco. The new owners of AC II are the culprits. Brent did all that he could - and then some. I am sure that Chuck will elaborate.
Utopia
Link to this postPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Note AC II

Hey everybody, just to set the record straight...

Yes ACII was pulled from ProValor. We were the ones who first informed Chuck of the situation and offered him full use of ACII for his vacation at no charge. We spent 3 weeks repairing and replacing a large list of items, making it charter ready and even signed release forms for his use if he wanted. After talking to Chuck he decided to use Sanctuary. ACII still has a non working fridge and having 8 guest aboard would be very hard for him (I agree). We are not trying to take anything away from Brent or gain anything for ourselves. We took over all management and maintenance of ACII and everything that was broken or needing repair has been fixed except the fridge, but at least its on order now (been broken since July). The last thing we want to do is ruin someones vacation. The desicion was very tough, but we did not have a choice. We also hoped to avoid any online drama, but from what we hear Brent is spreading incorrect rumors and trying to make it so we cannot do business in the BVI (immigration and gov't offices). We are doing whatever we legally can to make sure none of the bareboat vacations get affected and hope everything works out. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Tony and Melody
Link to this postPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:46 am    

Oh my God DawnB,
Fridge that doesn't work since July?????? WTF is that all about? I hope that is a one boat deal and not a fleet thing.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:52 am    

Walker wrote:
I am not going to tell any more than necessary - but - Brent and Pro Valor are not to blame for this fiasco. The new owners of AC II are the culprits. Brent did all that he could - and then some. I am sure that Chuck will elaborate.

Well - hearing from Tony (I also received an email from him) - there appears to be more to this story than I have been told. What I had posted to date was based on what Chuck told me while he was here. According to Chuck's version of the story, they were totally unaware of the situation up until 48 hours before their charter was to begin.

I am glad that Tony has answered - and I am going to split this into a separate topic.

Last edited by walker on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:25 am    

Was ACII in the Interline Regatta? If so, then I heard about a lot of damage done to the boat during that time...if it is the same boat.
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:03 am    

On Interline, a TTOL Member simply reported he suggested the charterer add a fender, she was rubbing on the dock at Leverick, no real damage per Tony.

I must say Tony and Melody were a lot of fun to hang out with at the the cat fight, nice people for sure.

Bret was also very nice and very capable when we returned Sanctuary to base.

I really hope they can work this out, any further spectulation is, well....speculation
confused
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:10 am    

Speculating?? Isn't that what the guy was doing in the bushes on the SeXM thread??
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:37 am    

Well, like I said on the other board...(in a totally unrelated thread)

Brent from Pro Valor so far has been wonderful about answering questions and getting info to me that I wanted, so I am hopeful that things will continue to be wonderful once I get down there...

Having said that, I know that the boat I am chartering is not new, nor do I expect it to be pristine. My overall experiences have been with Conch & BVI Yacht Charters, so I am used to dealing with so-called 3rd Tier companies, so I think I can expect great service and hopefully a well maintained boat.

There are three sides to every story, so I'll keep that in mind and report back my experiences after my January charter...
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:47 am    

So Dawn, are you aboard S/V Sanctuary?

I know her pretty well, she sails well, is in very good shape and is very comfortable.
I was aboard just a few weeks ago.

Done some heavy weather sailing on her from Vieques SVI-STT, logged around 70 miles all with the wind on our nose in 22+28+ kt. winds and steep 6' seas, she handles beautifully.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Charter Boats All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Goto page 1, 2  Next, All
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Terms of Use