BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Leverick Bay

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Note Leverick Bay

Hello all

we leave for the Islands in a few days....anyone with any recent experience with the restaurant at Leverick Bay (casual not BBQ) or Saba Rock?

We will spend a day or two in North Sound and are looking for (guess what - based on previous posts) -NOT cooking on board but eating reasonably affordably?

Thoughts?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:28 pm    

The restaurant at Leverick Bay is very nice - probably the best, friendliest, and most reasonable in the North Sound. I don't think you will be disappointed there.
Link to this postPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:53 am    

Is the upstairs restaurant open yet? We've traditionally gone in the first week of November, and I want to say that the upstairs restaurant was not yet open for the season. I could be wrong because we've also gone in October when it was surely closed.

The downstairs area is open for dinner, but it's pub-style food. We ate there in November 06, so that's quite a while ago. I was not impressed.

But if the upstairs restaurant is open, you will not be disappointed. We did eat there one Spring and it was very good.
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:21 pm    

We have had postive experiences with the buffet at Saba Rock. The food was good and decent choices for all tastes at the buffet at a reasonable price. More "casual" dining.

The upstairs at Leverick Bay is very good in a little more formal setting although have never been turned away in a bathing suit/t-shirt with no shoes (never seen the fashion police there). However, a decent polo shirt and shorts would probably be a bit more appropriate.
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:58 pm    

Give Saildoggie a day or so to get back on this one. He was at Leverick yesterday I believe and is currently airborne to the left coast.
Link to this postPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:43 pm    

We were at Leverick last Jan for the Bar BQ and will be there next Jan 9th to repeat the affair.

That little stone bar has some of the funniest and friendliest bartenders we encountered in 14 days of sailing. And they serve the absolute best serving of rum that will ever be found in a plastic cup. A couple of ice cubes, about half an inch of air on top and nothing else. Fabulous deal for I think (too many refills then) $4 during happy hour.
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Note Leverick Bay in November

As of Nov 7 - Upstairs not open yet

downstairs has a GREAT cheesburger -expensive but huge - I could have split it with someone

no breakfast anywhere - Java Connecton os closed - you must go up the hill to the little store for coffee and a breakfast sandwich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use