BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Breakfast!

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject:  Breakfast!

OK - we are headed down in 26days and this time I have a crew that enjoys a hearty breakfast, so juice, coffee and a pop tart will not work for 7 days....I am looking for some breakfast suggestions for the first week of Nov -

1. Will anyone be open on Jost (Little Harbor)?
2. Cane Garden Bay - breakfast suggestions?
3. I believe that Leverick Bay will be on option one day (yes?)

Any other suggestions welcomed...

Mike R
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:35 am    

Corsairs serves a good breakfast. Don't know if there open but I would guess they would be by November.
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:48 am    

Cane Garden Bay Rhymers has a good breakfast at a great price. Big Banana also does a decent job. Views from either can't be beat!
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject:  Thanks

Rymers is the pink one, right?

Corsairs is a good one - I was hoping for a recommendation for Little Harbor....

Tanks

Mike
Link to this postPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:09 pm    

I'm sure the restaurant at Leverick Bay (at least downstairs) is an option, but I have to admit that when we overnight there I love to go up to the grocery and get warm pastries for breakfast. The stuffed croissants are great and feed 2 people. Plus you can get a great selection of cheeses for the road! We're not ones to hang around for breakfast, so an early run up to the grocery for pastries and cheese to eat while underway is just our style.
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:31 pm    

Yup, Rhymers is the pinl one and right next to it is the Banana. There is also a bakery about 200 yards to the left of the dinghy dock(facing in). White building at the entrance to the construction yard, sliding window on the side of building.
Auspicious
Link to this postPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:17 am    

saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:26 am    

The suggestions are good here.

I love the breakfast at Leverick Bay especially with a Bloody Mary before heading out to Anegada.

Great to start that trip with a clean galley and no dishes to mess with!

Once at Anegada, breakfast at Neptunes Treasure is basic but good, can't beat the view!!!
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject:  Thanks

The Leverick bay breakfast is one we were counting on..thanks

Any ideas (other than cooking it ourselves) for breakfast at Jost's Little Harbor?

Mike
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:31 am    

Soggy Dollar at White Bay has a good one, I believe the menu is online, another option would be Corsairs down by Foxys.
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:47 pm    

We do one nice breakfast when we're down each year, the rest are onboard. We go to Little Dix Bay. It's more money than other options, but the atmosphere is great, and the food is tops. It's buffet style. They have had the same cook at the grill since I started going there in 2004, and he'll make your eggs however you want them (or pancakes, waffles, french toast, etc). It's hard to beat this breakfast in the ilons for heartiness. First week of November is our usual visit and the place is only half full for breakfast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use