BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
December 30th?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject:  December 30th?

We will exist Road Town in a 40' Cat for our 7 day adventure in the early afternoon of 12/30. I am thinking of trying Ocean 7 for dinner that night and wondered if anyone can shed light on the mooring situation there (Peter Is)? And, what the latest one must arrrive to have a chance.

We spent two weeks sailing in Croatia this past August. It was absolutley packed with boats and I can't tell you how many times I saw 30K lb boats playing chicken for a mooring ball, followed by near fist fights. The Dalmatians are awesome, but the sailors there have no brotherhood. I know that things are going to be busy during our BVI cruise, but it is the only time we can break loose.

I have no interest in fighting for a mooring ball ever again and am trying to at least plan these first two nights the best I can before we go with the breeze. Nic at Leverick has hooked me up for New Years so I am solid for that night. Any advice on where we might go (4 adults three kids) to hook or ball with good eats on the 30th?
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:36 am    

There are quite a few moorings in Great Harbor, PI, we arrived very late our first day on charter and managed to grab a ball that a Moorings power cat just vacated.

Early afternoon otta get you in just fine. We have 'hovered" at crowded anchorages and even taken the dink in for a round to ask if anyone was leaving.

I have seen and also been involved in mooring battles, the last one with a Mooring skipper trying to snake a mooring we were clearly heading for at Cooper island, he was full throttle through the anchorage.
Rex on the bow, jeering and pointing the boathook at them like a javelin and the kids screaming at them finally turned them away.

We were really not impressed with the food at Oceans Seven, my Wife's meal came at least 20 minutes after the rest of the crew, not nice at all.
Maybe an off night, Jason was not on site and I think the Staff was slacking big time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use