BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Whispering Pines

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H Man
Link to this postPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject:  Whispering Pines

Walker:

What can you tell us about Whispering Pines?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:09 pm    

Good food. Nice beach-style restaurant. I'm not big on barbecued lobster, which is their specialty (as virtually everyone else's).
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:24 am    

Sounds like a good option for night 2 on Anegada our next trip, we always love Neptune's Treasure but I would opt to try their BBQ Lobster!

The segment on Feasting on Waves spent a lot of time at Whispering Pines, may become suddenly more popular.
Link to this postPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:16 am    

Where is Whispering Pines?
H Man
Link to this postPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:41 am    

Found ths description on TTOL:

"Whispering Pines is between the Anegada Reef Hotel and Neptune's Treasure. Never ate there, but watched them prepare the BBQ's and Lobsters. Here are some pics.
http://sparrow.zenfolio.com/p146947565/hd67df0a#hd67df0a

--------------------
Captn Sparrow"
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:44 am    

Whispering Pines is right next door to Neptune's Treasure - just to the east down the beach, maybe 100 yards.
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:51 am    

Just don't let Randy from Neptunes see you strolling down in that direction!!! doh
H Man
Link to this postPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:35 am    

Is Randy the guy who drove you over to the north shore in your video you'd posted - or did he help arrange the ride for your large group?

BTW, Neptunes IS at the top of my list for lobster dinner -- just like to know all about the options.
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:09 pm    

Randy arranged the ride.

Randy is happy to arrange a taxi for you, just tell him how many peeps and what time!

Do be sure and inbibe in a few drinks from the bar to repay the favor!

Neptunes normally has us choose or dinner selections when making the reservation, do ask what is fresh and go with it!!
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:52 pm    

saildoggie wrote:
Sounds like a good option for night 2 on Anegada our next trip, we always love Neptune's Treasure but I would opt to try their BBQ Lobster!

Dog, do you put Heinze 57 on your lobster?????
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:05 pm    

MrBombastic wrote:
Dog, do you put Heinze 57 on your lobster?????

My guess is only if they are out of ketchup.

By the way - we are having shark for dinner again tonight (makes 3 of the last 4 nights). We have a way to cook it that puts it right at the top of the fish list (and it is easy as hell). Basically - soak the fillets in a mixture of evaporated milk and fresh lime juice for about an hour before cooking. Make a mixture of about half and half of flour and unseasoned bread crumbs, plus whatever seasonings you line (we use Morton's "Nature's Seasons"). Take the shark directly from the milk bath, dredge in the flour/bread crumbs, and fry in a thin layer of oil. Turn once. Done when golden on each side.

Holy cow, this is to die for.

And Nancy caught 4 nice sharks last night....

Last edited by walker on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Link to this postPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:11 pm    

Wow that sounds great! Is that going to be on the menu at Cow Wreck? Very Happy
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:07 pm    

I seriously doubt it - UNLESS you are having dinner with us at Hidden Treasure. And - damn - it was good! Time to go fishing!!!!
fuplayer
Link to this postPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:44 pm    

You have to admit Sam works hard to get his customers in the restaurant at WP.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:33 am    

Sam is no longer at Whispering Pines.

Sam is now at Potter's By The Sea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use