BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
End of Nov-early Dec Fishing Plans

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Question End of Nov-early Dec Fishing Plans

My girl friend and I will be bareboating in the USVI's and BVI's for 11 days late Nov into early Dec 2008. Staying on St Thomas for 3 days before picking up the trawler at CYOA. I've already picked up a lot of anchorage tips and restaurant/dining tips off the site and we will be motoring a flexible itinerary like some have suggested (and keeping the stress level to a minimum). I looking for more thoughts, suggestions and comments on the fishing around and off the BVI's. We have a trawler chartered and I would like to work the South Drop a couple of times if the weather permits. Has anyone fished the South Drop that time of year and if so, where did they head out from and does anyone have any way-points, fishing strategies or suggestion. I'm bringing a couple of short-heavy trolling rods and tuna/dolphin lures and ballyhoo rigs (so if frozen ones are available). I'm also bring a couple of 10-17# spinning outfits to use for reef fish and for bonefish. Anyone's experience with bonefish'n around the islands, and locations, would also be appreciated. I'm a "learning" fly fisherman also, but no one wants to be too close to me yet as still a little dangerous in close quarters) so not sure if I will bring the fly stuff this time. I was down a few years ago and we didn't try to go off-shore, just beat the barracuda and reef fish up a lot for fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use