BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
If you could only choose TWO....
Goto page 1, 2  Next, All  
Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject:  If you could only choose TWO....

Since we are on limited funds this time around, we have decided to only eat dinner out at a few restaurants while on our charter next January. We will try to get to Brandywine either before or after, so that is a given (and will also blow most of the budget!).

If you were sailing around, what two restaurants would you pick out of the many choices there are?

We haven't tried any in Little Harbour, JVD yet, so that will likely be one place we will dine ashore... But any others that are not to be missed?!

Thanks for your input!
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:04 am    

Little harbor, Stdney's, Harris Place and Abe's all get good reviews.

Bananakeet is a not miss, hit it before sunset and enjoy!!

We have always loved Neptunes Treasure out at Anegada also, real family atmosphere, great drinks and food to!
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:17 am    

We always enjoy the Last Resort. The food is good and entertainment with "Al the Singing Chef" makes for a great evening. We usually start a Marina Cay, catch Michael Bean and then head over to the Last Resort for dinner. We also love the Tamarin Club on Tortola. We never miss these two. If you want great food/menu and drinks at a reasonable price we really like The Pub in Fort Burt. If we're in the area, we definitely stop in.

If your on Anegada, definitely Neptunes for the fresh fish. (the pepper shrimp appetizer is out of this world (need that recipe!). If your in the North Sound and on a budget Saba Rock has a very good buffet at a reasonable price. We've eaten at Biras Creek, very good and very pricey. We also enjoy the restaurant in Leverick Bay (the one on the second floor (can't remember the name). Good food and great entertainment after dinner down on the beach if you feel like dancing away the pounds.

On JVD, we've eaten at Corsair, and Harris's Place - no complaints about either. Foxy's Taboo makes great pizza for lunch. Plus what the Dog said - Banannakeet.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:27 pm    

I love the Last Resort - we do it every time we go. But this time, we're looking for places we haven't been, so I appreciate the replies. We love Corsairs - my favourite since Vinnie rocks! Last time we had breakfast there, after reading about it from others.

We ate at Bannakeet when we were there last in January for the first time - it was truly a wonderful experience, and one of my favourite spots - we may go there for the first or last, and Brandywine for the other of the two first or last nights... ~smiles~

I have eaten breakfast at Neptunes, and we used to go to the cafe (can't remember the name, I think the daughter used to run it?) for lunch.

I have never heard of the Tamarin Club, where is it?

Also, the pub at Fort Burt - is that by Conch Charters? I think we ate there the last time we chartered from Conch. Very good, especially the breakfast.
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:37 pm    

The Tamarind Club is on the East end of Totrtola (near Josiahs Bay) Here is a link:

http://www.tamarindclub.com/

Definitely for us best burger/taters by far on the island (fresh ground beef) for lunch. Dinners - haven't had a bad meal ever (one of our favorites).

Yes - the Pub is near Conch charter (Fort Burt Marina) If you check out the Pirates Section above and go to BVI MAP and scroll over Fort Burt Marina it is labeled. Cool Map.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:44 pm    

We do Sunday brunch at the Tamarind Club whenever we get the chance. Great food and service!

The breakfast burger, the hangover special, the omelets - everything great.

Great bar - Bloody Marys OH SO GOOD!

Definitely a must-go place. (But not convenient while sailing.)

Sunday brunch there is quite popular - I recommend a reservation.
Link to this postPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:57 pm    

Two places are hard to do.
First would be Palm's Delight on Carrot Bay. The food is delicious. The ginger chicken is wonderful and the Key-lime pie was the best I've had in the BVI. The service was excellent. They really want you to have a very pleasant dining experience.
Second would be Spaghetti Junction. Don't let the name fool you. This place is upscale and the food is refined. The chiopino was wonderful. The service was friendly and efficient.
There are many more but these two are must dos.
Link to this postPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:26 am    

MrBombastic wrote:
We also enjoy the restaurant in Leverick Bay (the one on the second floor (can't remember the name).

I believe the name is indeed "The Restaurant at Leverick Bay". It's been a while since I've been in the BVI, but 4 years ago that restaurant was great.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:50 pm    

Thanks for the replies so far - Leverick was always a stop for us, but this year we may try something different in North Sound or on Virgin Gorda - we'll have to see...
tothedogs
Link to this postPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:59 pm    

If Little Harbor, JVD is on the itinerary, we always visit Sidneys for either Lobster (available as small, medium or large at different prices), or his pig roast. It is not haute cuisine, or the most elegant place one will encounter, and is definitely local. We enjoy the honor bar, meeting people, and the old BVI ambiance.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:50 pm    

Is the pig roast only on certain nights? We definitely want to try Little Harbour, we never have been there before....
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:26 pm    

The pig roast is certain nights only. Saturday and sometimes Monday, if I remember correctly. Call ahead and find out for sure.
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:16 am    

DawnB wrote:
Thanks for the replies so far - Leverick was always a stop for us, but this year we may try something different in North Sound or on Virgin Gorda - we'll have to see...

If you want to treat yourself try biras creek $$$$. Hers's a link:

http://www.biras.com/section_content.aspx?s=082e65a6-eee6-4a93-9406-aa2add25e2ee
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:29 am    

I agree - if you want to try something different from Leverick and want something nice, then Biras Creek would be my first choice in the North Sound.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:28 am    

Thanks - although I think we might try to hit the Friday night BBQ at Leverick instead (reading another thread - got that idea now too! LOL) - of course, we might hit the pig roast in Little Harbour too...although I think we might try to hit Little Harbour for my lobster fix instead if we don't get to Anegada....

GRRR too many good choices and not enough time/money!

I really am going to miss Corsair's breakfast this time though... Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Goto page 1, 2  Next, All
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Terms of Use