BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Harbour Market, Soper's Hole

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Provisioning and Shopping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject:  Harbour Market, Soper's Hole

Does anyone have an information on this store?

On a brief stop to Soper's Hole last year, we looked around the store and noticed that a lot of the prices were cheaper than what we paid to provision through another source.

I wasn't sure if it was because we provisioned (customized) vs. going to the store and buying the food, or not.

Does anyone have a website for them, or know if they do provisioning the same as Riteway & Bobby's?

Thanks!
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:36 pm    

There website seems to have only contact information:

www.harbourmarket.com

Perhaps you could e-mail them directly to find out if they can send you a list so you can provision in advance (or if they even provide that service. I guessing since they are right there in the harbor they don't (but who knows).

Did you provision with Bobby's or Riteway???? I'm a bit surprised Harbour Market is cheaper.
Bobby's offfers discounts to repeat customers plus a discount for orders over a certain dollar amount (our discount was a least 10% this past March). Both Bobby's and Riteway definitely have a larger selection of groceries and free delivery. We have used both and have been 100% satisfied with both. We usually just pop in Harbour Market (if we're in the neighborhood) to re-stock certain items.
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:43 pm    

We visited the harbor Market several times when staying at Apple Bay, great selection and pretty decent prices.

The fresh baked goods upstairs are awesome, I was there one morning as they placed a tray of fresh muffins straight from the oven on the counter, the tray was empty within 5 minutes!!
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:16 pm    

saildoggie wrote:

The fresh baked goods upstairs are awesome!

That's the first place we go - fresh baked goods definitely a treat.
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:43 pm    

saildoggie wrote:
We visited the harbor Market several times when staying at Apple Bay, great selection and pretty decent prices.

The fresh baked goods upstairs are awesome, I was there one morning as they placed a tray of fresh muffins straight from the oven on the counter, the tray was empty within 5 minutes!!

Next time you are at CGB go up the dinghy dock and turn left, walk about 300 yards towards Del's Car rental and there is a bakery in the white building just as you get to what looks like a construction equipment yard. Sliding window on the side of the wall....knock 3 times,tell them Tony sent ya for the dough....well, just to go to the window,earlier the better. Never know what they are going to have, but can always find something good. If you ever need a birthday cake or something like that, they are willing to help you out.
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:49 pm    

While I'm at it, if you are at CGB and need something "odd", best bet is go see Rose at Columbus Sunset Bar....she has all sorts of stuff, whether you need it or not. Hardware,Bananas,Motor Oil,Bread,Liquor,Bicycle Pedals,SXM Hair Removal Necessities,Charcoal,IceCream, you name, she has it, and if she doesn't,you didn't need it. Her place is across the road from the walled in grave yard along the beach.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Provisioning and Shopping All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use