BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
CCTnet

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Internet Access
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject:  CCTnet

As of today, I am online directly from Hidden Treasure via CCTnet. I just got a Novatel USB modem from CCT that is giving me a 230 kBbs connection.

So far, so good. Much better than ANY of the other WiFi services that I have used down here.
Link to this postPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:29 pm    

10-4 all the way from New Jersey to Cow Wreck Beach! The wonders of the internet!
Thanks for the new pics ... missing the BVI's like crazy!
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:30 am    

I have used CCTnet for two weeks now. I am sitting in the Beef Island airport - online with it.

It has been fairly reliable. We had a couple of brief periods at Hidden Treasure where it would not connect, but I suspect that the network itself was offline then. Other than that, it has worked perfectly. I highly recommend it. $70/month, unlimited connect time and unlimited usage, and Skype works with it. I have made several free Skype calls - including one to Scotland.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Internet Access All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use