BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
How to cook Cobia

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> The Galley -> Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaWino
Link to this postPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject:  How to cook Cobia

I just saw Cobia offered at a grocery store near me and had never heard of it. I find that it is fished off the coast of Texas, so I thought this might be a good place to get a recipe and find out what other fish it is similar to in taste and cooking methods.
Thanks
Link to this postPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:47 pm    

This fish is also raised in the SVI's...we bought some local there and took it back to the boat. Because cooking on the boat can sometimes be a PITA, Rex just wrapped it in some tinfoil with a little butter and lemon and grilled it on the back of the boat...it was very simple but one of the best fish I've ever had...it has a very good flavor of it's own therefore it seemed the simpler the preparation the better.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:47 pm    

Rex did it my favorite way - lemon and butter. Very nice fish.

Also very nice grilled.
Link to this postPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:16 pm    

that's good to know, he was afraid to put it directly on the grill because he was grilling in the dark and wasn't sure if it would come apart and fall through the grates. yikes
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:50 am    

Grilling can be tricky. Do not overcook - or it will come apart. Also, you need clean grates and the fish should be oiled (olive oil) so that it doesn't stick. It is important that the grates be good and hot before the fish is put on - otherwise it will stick anyway.
CaWino
Link to this postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:40 am    

Thanks Laura and Walker. I'm going to give it a try tonight and let you know how it turns out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> The Galley -> Recipes All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use