BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Mexican Food in the BVI

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teammac
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject:  Mexican Food in the BVI

Anyone know of any Mexican Restraunts in the BVI? My wife and I love Mexican but have not found any yet. Any help out there?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:52 am    

Sure do - there is a fairly decent Mexican restaurant in the east end of Tortola called "Emiles". It is right across the road from the Harborview Marina.

We have eaten there several times and - for the most part - enjoyed our food. The only dish that I have not liked there were their fajitas, which had a taste of curry in them. Not that curry is bad - it just does not belong in Mexican food.

Note to self: be sure to specify "no curry" the next time at Emile's.
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:15 am    

How does the food compare to the Mexican food one would get in TX or CA??????? Having lived in SOCAL for 13 years we were spoiled by great Mexican food. I stopped trying to find any decent Mexican food on the east cost years ago. Rio Grande (tex mex chain) is the only place we'll eat at here - it's not bad, but boy do I miss the SOCAL food.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:21 am    

MrBombastic wrote:
How does the food compare to the Mexican food one would get in TX or CA???????

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Not even close. Even Taco Bell beats the hell out of it. But - after a while on Tortola, it does scratch the itch for Mexican. And you can't get Carib at Taco Bell.
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:32 am    

Walker wrote:

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Not even close. Even Taco Bell beats the hell out of it. .

That's what I figured!!!!!!!
teammac
Link to this postPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:04 am    

Alrighty then, I guess its bring our own flour tortillas and buy the enchilada sauce, cheese, onions, etc at the market. Making cheese enchiladas on the boat sounds like the Mexican food fix we will go with. I did ask a fellow from PR about Mexican food once and he just gave me a cold stare. Shocked
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:42 am    

teammac wrote:
Alrighty then, I guess its bring our own flour tortillas and buy the enchilada sauce, cheese, onions, etc at the market. Making cheese enchiladas on the boat sounds like the Mexican food fix we will go with. I did ask a fellow from PR about Mexican food once and he just gave me a cold stare. Shocked

That's what we did - definitely better than Taco Bell!!!!!. We were able to get flour tortillas at the market. Made quesadias and nachos too.Riteway sells the Old El paso products. We do bring our own seasoning for the tacos altough that is sold too.
teammac
Link to this postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:03 pm    

Taco Bell????? I only use that food if I need to get things going....if yaknow what I mean Rolling Eyes
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:10 pm    

Jolly Roger actually has some pretty fair Mexican food. We have a Mexican convenience store here(which is giving the town fathers a stroke) and I love it when the delivery truck from one of their suppliers is parked out front. On the side in big red letters BIMBO

http://bimbo.com/default.cfm
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:43 pm    

teammac wrote:
Taco Bell????? I only use that food if I need to get things going....if yaknow what I mean Rolling Eyes

I ate their once about 18 years ago and yes I know what you mean.
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:45 pm    

HillsideView wrote:
Jolly I love it when the delivery truck from one of their suppliers is parked out front. On the side in big red letters BIMBO

http://bimbo.com/default.cfm

Does it have a picture of a woman with her bumpers out????????
Link to this postPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:06 pm    

Emiles has really gone down hill in the last 6 months, going to try it one more time this weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use