BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Turtle at Christmas Cove, Great St. James, USVI

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Trip Reports -> British Virgin Islands
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject:  Turtle at Christmas Cove, Great St. James, USVI

We were fortunate to have the chance to swim with this Hawksbill turtle for several minutes.
STEWART
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject:  Re: Turtle at Christmas Cove, Great St. James, USVI

Twanger wrote:
We were fortunate to have the chance to swim with this Hawksbill turtle for several minutes.

Then ya made soup? Naw just kidding. Great picture! Really like how the colors came out.
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:00 pm    

Soup! Ha! laugh They are highly endangered. You're not supposed to even touch one.
Much of the credit of the photo clarity is due photoshop. The 'auto levels' feature is amazing.
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:57 pm    

Cool picture!

Leave them fellers alone, I saw something in the VI Daily News not too long ago, couple guys on St Croix were caught with one....heavy fine and jail time....something like $15,000 and 18 months....
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:42 pm    

Dang, hopefully he was alive and released!
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:31 am    

Great pic. We saw that guy last week at the rocks on the south end of St James along with his big tarpon friends. What u/w camera was used?
BTW, re turtles, we saw a bunch of Leatherback hatchlings swimming around our boat one of the nights we were anchored in Bahia de Tortuga, Culebrita. The next morning's walk on the beach revealed the nesting site and about a million turtle tracks literally covering the beach. Cool.
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:31 am    

I use a 6MP Fuji F30FD compact camera in an underwater housing, good to 150ft. It's so small and portable I take it snorkeling every time I go. It also takes decent 640X480 30fps video w/ sound.
Link to this postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:09 am    

Thanks. Small & portable...that's the ticket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Trip Reports -> British Virgin Islands All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use