BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Trip report October 2006

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Trip Reports -> British Virgin Islands
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Fight Trip report October 2006

Well, we had a great time. banana

Did mostly what we came out to do and see.

If anyone is interested, the photos are up on my site

Saw many rays, nurse shark, dolphin at Monkey Point, squid, and some huge caterpillars on Marina Cay.

Didn't like Soper's, loved The Baths and Anegada, too many mossies at Biras Creek.

Sandy Spit has to be the best place I've visited, took 4 bites to anchor though - didn't have enough chain out.

I can see why you all love it there.

I've booked up another trip already for January - it was a choice between the annual skiing pilgrimage or BVI and BVI won hands down this year
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Fight Re: Trip report October 2006

Captain Sinbad wrote:
I've booked up another trip already for January - it was a choice between the annual skiing pilgrimage or BVI and BVI won hands down this year

We went in April-06, our first time ever. Just got my bareboat license.
http://www.flytab.com
Not everything wnt smoothly though, especially with the flight and luggage. Sandy Spit is far beyond my wildest dreams.
I wish I can go again.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Fight Re: Trip report October 2006

RedDolphin wrote:
http://www.flytab.com

Nice pictures!
Link to this postPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Fight Re: Trip report October 2006

Walker wrote:
Nice pictures!

Thanks.
Did you notice our flag? It USSR Navy, to which my friend and I gave 20 years combined. Catamaran.com's people told us that it is The first time this flag was raised at BVI. Some Cubans and PR people desperately wanted to buy it from us.
Dugg
Link to this postPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject:  Trip report October 2006

Hi

Got a “Can’t Find Server” message from Firefox for www.flytab.com/.

Peace
Dugg & Chris
http://picasaweb.google.com/papadugg/
Note : Finally got the ‘96, ‘97, ‘98, ‘02 and ‘04 pics posted
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:44 am    

Cool pics!!

The ones at the Bight, looks like you brought your BBQ's and all your fixin's ashore and "camped' at Pirates!

Never seen that before, probably no worries as long as you haul eveything including trash away with you.
Link to this postPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:38 am    

saildoggie wrote:
The ones at the Bight, looks like you brought your BBQ's and all your fixin's ashore and "camped' at Pirates!

Hmm. Only spent one evening there, no camping.
Which picture r u reffering to?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Trip Reports -> British Virgin Islands All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use