BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
The Yacht Week

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Pirate's Pub
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walker
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject: Note The Yacht Week

I am so mad right now that I literally want to kill. Tonight is "Yacht Week" night on Anegada. While we were eating dinner, one of those privileged little white motherfucker trust fund kids came into our yard, took down our flag pole, and stole the 3' x 5' LSU/SEC flag that we have been proudly flying.

I went to the Cow Wreck bar where they are and raised holy hell. The event managers were unable to locate my flag.

The next time - NEXT TIME - that I see one of those piece of shit Yacht Weekers in my yard, there will be hell to pay.
206flyer
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:04 pm    

Yacht Weekers are Very annoying. Have crossed paths with them couple of times over the years. If we are chartering while they in are in BVI, we change our itenerary to dodge them. I understand you canít move your house out of their way though.

Wish they could just group up at Daytona or Panama City and stay there.

My 2 cent....
xrayman67
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:27 pm    

206flyer wrote:
Yacht Weekers are Very annoying. Have crossed paths with them couple of times over the years. If we are chartering while they in are in BVI, we change our itenerary to dodge them. I understand you canít move your house out of their way though.

Wish they could just group up at Daytona or Panama City and stay there.

My 2 cent....

They can stay away from Panama City too!!! We'll be down in BVI in May while they are there!! I'll be sure to try and dodge them myself.
Walker, sorry you had to go go thru that... I had my Christmas lights up last year for about 4 hours before they were stolen... Pisses you off!!!
sailonly7
Link to this postPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:44 am    

Walker

We try to avoid massed group holidays and/ or flotilla groups of MIT college kids .
The Poker Run is OK fun, , and we have a coldie with some of them .

Yacht week ! In all my our many BVI bare boat sailing vacations ( 17 ), I have never heard of Yacht Week Mayhem . Probably because we prefer late may, early june for our BVI trips,

Are they bare boating, or land based, or have skippered charters, or all of the above ?.

Sounds like someone needs to kick the coon dog whompas out of them, or make the pay back
clandestine . What is the attitude of the authorities if you or your property is invaded , by thieves, or vandals ?

Hmm. just one plan, without any warnings or angry retorts.... a ski mask would come in handy, and also cover any tatoos. Have some help, and use whatever force is required. Duct tape their eyes, their wrists behind them, and their ankles. Do not gag them, that may cause breathing problems and death. STRIP off all their clothing, and chain and pad lock them to something very solid . Then paint them in the colors of the BVI FLAG. Head to toe. Maybe a YACHT WEEKERS ARE NOT WELCOME IN THE BVI sign hanging around their neck. No direct association with you.

Don't speak or threaten. Nothing that will lead back to you . Once their cowardly , thieving corhorts find them....the island will be alerted, and the locals can take photos of the mele and plaster it in the BVI newspaper and on line .

You cannot damage , or cut lines on their vessel.....or tow it to a hidden anchorage.
That will bring major theft charges down on you if discovered.. Removing props is also bad juju, as that can wind up in damage not only to the target vessel, but other vessels, and possible injuries while non Yacht Week sailors try to fend of the not under command boat;

the chaining, and painting may be seen more as a prank, but once published , and the reason for the action is made public....they might get the idea to not return.

Just CYA while getting your point across.

Just be careful about threats on public forums, or around others on island .

Another thought..... the other islands may want to join in the chain and paint parties, and that should pretty well make your point big time. front page in the BVI BEACON .

Most of us sailing the BVI, bring our aloha with us, treat everyone with respect, enjoy great sailing, and amazing good times.

IF YOU CHOSE TO ACCEPT THIS MISSION, DESTROY THE ABOVE PLAN.
ecm56
Link to this postPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:56 pm    

Remind me not to ever piss you off!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Pirate's Pub All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use