BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
June trips

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject:  June trips

Hi all,

Looks like a lot of folks go to the BVI in June. But, when we were there in May 2007, we got the feeling that everything was going into shutdown mode. Are there still adequate services available? Food and water is mostly my concern. I figure the rum and Carib are always available.

Thanks
tothedogs
Link to this postPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:43 pm    

We have been going twice a year recently in January and in June. In June, everything is as wide open for business as it is in January. Plenty of rum, beer, lobster, etc. Biggest difference is it is a bit less crowded and generally quieter winds from the SE as opposed to the Christmas winds from the NE.

Bob
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:51 pm    

That's what we want to hear! It seems that so far in my experiences that nothing livens up the crew than a good ole' October Tropical Depression. Makes for quick crossings! Shocked
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:49 pm    

June is an excellent time to be in the BVI. Everything is open and the weather is great. There may be a shower or two, but generally nothing more than that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use