BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Anegada Future Fishing Trip ?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject:  Anegada Future Fishing Trip ?

I enjoy just wading a flat for Bonefish and baby Tarpon on my own.

Any and all information about Anegada would be most helpful.

It is one of the places on my list that I want to visit.

"WALKER" you seem to be a wealth of info ... look forward to hearing from you. If I can help anyone with other Caribbean DIY fly fishing info I will be happy to do so.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:45 am    

Plenty of flats to wade on Anegada, and the bonefish are everywhere - not just on the flats. We surprise ourselves by catching bones when we are fishing for sharks off the west end and at Cow Wreck.

Tarpon abound as well - pretty much year-round but especially thick in the summer.

(By the way, I am K5AFP)
Link to this postPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject:  Thank you for the response Walker...

I just found this site and it has a wealth of information...

Thanks for getting back to me and after reading all that I can about Anegada I am sure I will have more questions for you.

So you are a fellow HAM eh ? Been years since I fired up the rig though.
Used to love doing Packet with the HF Icom735 and PC ... lots of fun but the Internet spoiled me.

I have been itching to find a spot with both Bonefish and Baby Tarpon... looks like Anegada may be the place...
I have found great spots to fish on my own throughout the Caribbean and Outer Bahamas but looking forward to this new spot...
Love the BVI just never made it to Anegada.

Stay well my new friend and have a great holiday season.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:35 am    

It has been a lot of years since I was on the air also. I got my novice license in 1959 at age 11, then my general class license the next year. I think I can still draw a circuit diagram of a Pierce oscillator and a Hartley oscillator.

I have a Heathkit SB-102 and SB-220. I built both of them in 1975 and they still work fine.

I will be fishing Anegada next week.
Link to this postPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject:  HAM and fish !!

Years after I got out of the service, I got the HAM bug..

Got my novice then studied like crazy and passed the General written then they gave me the code test... they were shocked that after many years I could still copy code so quickly and kept upping the speed of the test... thanks to good old Uncle Sam's training, the code was a breeze for me.

To this day if I hear CW its automatic for me to start writing it down or translating it in my head...

Great to see that you will be fishing on Anegada in the coming weeks... have a great time and good luck... please send us a report of your adventures. I am looking into flights for early 2008 !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use