BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
worthwhile bringing my fly rod?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject:  worthwhile bringing my fly rod?

I'm on a charter in late April. Is it worthwhile bringing my 8wt and some streamers? We will have an inflatable so I can get to the shallow areas, but have no interest in catching 'cuda.

Any suggestions?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:41 am    

Absolutely - bring your fly rod.

I have the best results with epoxy spoon flies - silver or gold, fished, fished over rocky areas.

I put together a page on tying spoon flies at nwmangum.com/spoonfly.
Link to this postPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:17 am    

Thanks Walker - any suggested spots (not your favorites - would never ask for those)

Also, can I get a license electronically, or do I need to stop by the gov't office in Road Town?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:48 pm    

I don't ever fool with a fishing license down there. I do most of my fishing on Anegada.

If you cannot get to Anegada, try the flats just to the north of the bridge that links Beef Island to Tortola (right by the airport). Pull off on the north side of the road at the west end of the bridge, drive past the unfinished apartment building, and wade out into the flats. Wear foot protection!

Also, fishing right under the bridge is productive if the tide is running.
Link to this postPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:16 pm    

Thanks again.

Reading your posts makes me want to spend time on Anegada - looks like fewer people and better beaches.

Off-topic
I'm trying to help an organization I belong to get a website up, and am struggling with creating private accounts similar to what you've set up here. If you're using off the shelf software, can I email you re: authentication and managing user accounts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use