BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Brandywine Bay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next, All  
Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:31 pm    

Brandywine is normally closed August through end of October.
robertsnole
Link to this postPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:49 am    

We just got back from the charter yesterday. We have never stopped at Bradywine on previous visits and we now know the error of our ways. The dinner on our last night was the best we ever had. I just wish we could have tried more of the menu. Many thanks to Davide who made it a highlight of the trip! The anchorage was great in that we had it to ourselves most of the afternoon with one of the planes from the upcoming BVI airshow practicing directly above the boat as entertainment.

Jim
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:52 pm    

You were lucky to catch Davide in the restaurant. He just returned from spending the week with us in Houston for my 60th birthday.
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject:  Pants?

Hmm that is a serious consideration, While on the one hand a highly reccommended resturant is not to be missed on the other hand bringing pants and not only do I have to bring pants but the rest of our crew do as well. that is about a cubic foot of wasted space (we do not check baggage except for one cooler) well I suppose it can go in the cooler with the other dispensible items.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:44 pm    

Long pants no longer required at Brandywine Bay!!! That just began this season.
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject:  7 for dinner

Ok then 7 for dinner, not sure what night, but entered it to the GPS and will find a way. We do not have an itinerary, we feel that is counter intuitive to islanding.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject:  Re: 7 for dinner

SailNaked wrote:
We do not have an itinerary, we feel that is counter intuitive to islanding.

That is the way to do it! Itinerary = Stress
Dugg
Link to this postPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject:  RE: Dress Code

Walker wrote:
Long pants no longer required at Brandywine Bay!!! That just began this season.

Hi

Glad to hear it - I just told the other 1/2. As per a query on the "other" board, where we wondered why no-one was there on Sunday, we won't make that mistake again. See you there sometime between May 27th and 31st - We'll be sure to give you a call first.

Peace
Dugg and Chris

PS: Remember Melina Mercouri and "Never on a Sunday"?
Auspicious
Link to this postPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:55 am    

Is there anything special about picking up a restaurant mooring in Brandywine Bay? How about Half Moon Bay?

Walker: You might pass along to Davide that 'dining' is misspelled 'dinning' in the Anchoring Out section of his Getting Here page.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:16 am    

No mooring or anchoring in Half Moon Bay. If you pick up a mooring in Brandywine Bay, be sure to check it as they are not maintained. Currently, there are only two moorings there.

Brandywine Bay has a good bottom, though, and anchoring there is easy.

I just fixed the misspelling - thanks for pointing that one out.
Auspicious
Link to this postPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:44 am    

Walker wrote:
I just fixed the misspelling - thanks for pointing that one out.

My pleasure.

Two moorings? Your chart shows four (not to be picky). Incidentally the picture in Google Earth (vintage unknown) doesn't show any moorings at all.

Why not anchor in Half-Moon Bay? I'm planning a visit in my own boat and working on visiting places off the beaten path ...

sail fast, dave
S/V Auspicious
daveman on TTOL
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:44 am    

Like I said, the moorings are not maintained. There were four of them when the chart was made. There now only two. The other two have been removed. As for Google Earth - the latest images of Brandywine Bay are from 2006, and I can clearly see the four mooring balls that were there at that time.

Half Moon Bay. OK - if it is your own boat, go ahead and anchor there. Just remember that I told you that you shouldn't, and enjoy yourself while trying to find a way up to the restaurant from there.
Auspicious
Link to this postPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:47 am    

Walker wrote:
Half Moon Bay. OK - if it is your own boat, go ahead and anchor there. Just remember that I told you that you shouldn't, and enjoy yourself while trying to find a way up to the restaurant from there.

I don't mean to be contrary, just curious on what the risks are. The chart makes it look like a good if small place. Shore access isn't an issue -- I'm collecting places to hang out for a day or two without noisy neighbors.

sail fast, dave
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:01 am    

The problem with Half Moon Bay is that it is very tight, and - assuming that you can even get in there, you feel like you are anchoring in the someone's yard. The shore property there is privately owned, and the owner's house is right there.

Also - the entrance is poorly protected and the part of the bay that is not the property owner's boat slip is rolly.
Auspicious
Link to this postPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:10 am    

Thanks -- that helps.

I don't have a specific time frame yet, but I'm planning on exploring well off the beaten path when I get back.

sail fast, dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next, All
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  

Terms of Use