BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Brandywine Bay
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next, All  
Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Oh yes! Brandywine Bay

If you have read any of my journals, you know that Brandywine Bay is our favorite restaurant in the islands. Davide and Cele make every meal there a special occasion. Definitely on our list of must-go places.
Herve
Link to this postPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:45 pm    

Although I agree, there are a number of other great reataurants not to be missed in the islands.
If not for the food but for t he service and the ambience.

Giorgio's as previously mentioned .
Donovan's reef on Scrub where the twins will be your hosts.
Neptune's treasure on Anegada
Taboo on JVD as John the new cook is gettinexcellent reviews.
Jolly Roger in Soper's hole..the decor and the view are not at great but the food is excellent
Link to this postPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:44 am    

I just want to know if the Waypoints listed on the map on the Brandywine site have been personally verified by Walker?? Wink

-- Danny
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:36 am    

Who do think DREW that map???? Exclamation Wink
Link to this postPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:29 pm    

I read that it is a good idea to make reservations a week or so in advance. We will be in the BVI May 30-June 12. I know I want to go to Brandywine, but we have no itinerary, so is it possible to make reservations in the morning or afternoon of the day you will be there? Confused Thanks
Davide
Link to this postPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:46 am    

Julie, just give me a call in the morning of the day you plan to come at Brandywine and it will be fine. Keep in mind that we close on Sundays. If you plane to come by boat in the anchorage give me a call and I will give you instruction on how to use the mooring in Brandywine Bay.
Looking foward to meet you
Davide
Link to this postPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:47 am    

Davide-Thank you we will call in the am. Looking forward to eating in your highly recommended establishment. 14 days and counting . . . Julie
STEWART
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:55 pm    

Darn, the only day we were going to be able to go
to BW was on the 29th. A sunday. Just noticed on your
website that your closed then. Was so looking forward to
finally going there. Well, maybe on the next trip.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:25 pm    

You know, you CAN spend a night on a mooring in Brandywine Bay -- a nice and different (and uncrowded) place
STEWART
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:55 pm    

Walker wrote:
You know, you CAN spend a night on a mooring in Brandywine Bay -- a nice and different (and uncrowded) place

Thats true. I just have to convince the others to forget about making the last "group" night at Peter Island as they have been so accustomed to doing for so long. I would have rather experienced Brandywine with just Trish and myself under more intimate circumstances. After a whole week with 3 other couples onboard, you want a little special time in a special setting. But things change of course. I'll figure out one way or another to get to BW.
A stage of mutiny may be in order! Twisted Evil HAHAHAAA!
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:03 pm    

I'm planning a charter for the end of Feb. / early March...and I was trying to decide where to spend the last night before having to return the boat to Sunsail....this sounds like a good option. Been to the BVIs many times...even got married on Tortola at the Sugar Mill but have not had the pleasure of eating at the Brandwine
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:21 pm    

Tricia: If you make your last night at Brandywine, I promise you that my brother Davide will make it a night to remember!
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject:  Brandywine

Febuary will be our 25th trip to the BVI from Manhattan Beach, CA since 1981. We often sail for a week before limin' for another two but one thing I would NEVER do is to bring a pair of long pants to the BVI. For years this precluded us from going to Brandywine and Peter Island for dinner. Some years ago Malcolm talked us into going to Brandywine for dinner with me wearing my shorts. Davide only relented because of who I was dining with for the evening. Now the point: dinner is SO FANTASTIC at Brandywine that I now always pack one lone pair of long pants just to dine at Brandywine. A show not to be missed.
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:58 am    

Hmmm...we may be more presentable on the two nights we have before we set sail...it's always a challenge getting in and out of the dingy in a skirt or dress Smile (And you guys think you have it tough with pants)
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:30 am    

We are going to be there in 4 weeks. Is this reccommended with 13 and 15 year old boys? We have heard so many great reviews, but will have the kids with us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next, All
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  

Terms of Use