BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Anegada Jeep rental

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject:  Anegada Jeep rental

Any recommendations on the best place to rent a jeep on Anegada. Walker, Thank You for all the info on this site. We have been sailing in the BVI since the early eighties but with Anegada being off limits then we never gave it another thought. We will in the BVI for twelve days starting the forth of August and will spend a number of days on Anegada. We will post a log of our trip when we return.
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:03 pm    

Any suggestions out there?

There will be 9 of us on Anegada on the 1st and maybe 2nd of July this year, and I assume renting two jeeps is going to cost about what taxi fares would for the day.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:26 pm    

A no-brainer

Dean Wheatley

284-495-9677
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:34 pm    

Thanks!
NCSailor
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:30 am    

We rented a jeep from Dean last month. Picked us at Potters and dropped us off afterwards. Very friendly, great service.
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:08 am    

We usually rent a car or jeep from the Anegada Reef Hotel...
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:24 am    

We've rented from both ARH and Dean. No complaints about either. Based upon my experience, Dean's cars seem to be a bit newer and better shape, but since you're not really going very far not a huge concern. I wouldn't hesitate to use either one.
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:41 pm    

Are these still the choices? I assume you can get 4 people in one? What is the going daily rate (approx)? And ho far in advance do you reserve (for Nov 2010)?

Thanks
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:07 pm    

If you rent a truck from Dean with benches in the back you could carry 10 people. Cab has A/C. Rides are short enough that hardy folk can handle sitting in the back.
We did this last July with the Blue Moon crew.
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:10 pm    

Oh... These are not Tier-1 quality rentals but have been reliable enough for us.
kentth
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 pm    

make sure those in the back have on some sun protection. We went with the truck with the bench in the back from Dean last June. Great way to go. I think the total cost was $80 for the day, plus fuel. A lot less then renting a taxi and we got to see the entire island.

When we went to fuel up there was a power outage and then after the power came back on the people running the gas station decided not to open back up. Dean, said no problem, and we just came up with an amount we both considered fair. Actually the amount he originally told me I considered to low, so I paid him more. Plus he picked us up at the anchorage and took us back when done.

Highly recommend Dean.
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:22 am    

That sounds good - there are only 4 of us - will the little jeep accomodate us for an island tour? For November (early) how far in advance should we reserve?

Thanks again
andrew
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:19 am    

We rented the 4-door Suzuki from the Reef on New Year's Day for $75, with no advance reservation whatsoever. In my experience, you'll get there, and there will be vehicles available, or there won't. I've heard of the latter condition but not seen it. Good luck!
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:27 am    

Gracias We are going in early Nov, so I don't expect it to be busy
NCSailor
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:26 am    

I'm always leary of reserving a jeep on Anegada because its hard to predict exactly when we will get there. I call Dean Wheatley the day before our arrival and he has always had a vehicle for us. If for some reason you can't get a rental call Mitch's Taxi. Mitch or his brother will take of you for the day.
cumulus
Link to this postPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:53 pm    

Hi Walker, is it preferable to reserve by phone with Dean if we want a jeep for our group of 9 people on the 17th of july...we expecedt to be there on july 16...just after the full moon party in Trellis Bay
and will you be at Cow Wreck Beach at this time ?
MrMBurz
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 am    

While on Anegada about a week ago, I walked in to the Anegada Reef Hotel and asked where I might find Dean so that I could rent a jeep/truck. (I had forgotten to write his number down prior to leaving on our trip.)

The nice lady in there told me that they had cars for rent and that she could help me. We ended up renting a small 2WD Toyota Tacoma with bench seats in the back. It held all 8 of us with no problems. 2 adults up front, 2 in the back and all 4 kids in the back as well. She charged me $90/day and pro-rated the second, partial day. We didn't use much, but fuel was included. AC worked well.

Not sure if this was a better deal or not, but it was very convenient.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:11 am    

Yes - best to reserve with Dean by phone - 284-495-9677
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use