BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Anchoring in relation to the mooring field

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jboothe
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Note Anchoring in relation to the mooring field

Planning a trip shortly and plan to include a couple of days at Anegada. I have ordered the approach chart and that might actually answer my questions but I thought I would ask here anyway. If we anchor rather than pick up a mooring where in relation to the mooring field is the nicest or best place? We will only be drawing approximately 4' 11". I even made it easy with a map and circles and letters! Laughing

walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:26 pm    

All three locations ("A", "B", and "C") are fine. Just leave enough swinging room. To avoid any worries, I would recommend going northwest of "B", to near where the catamaran is anchored off of Neptune's Treasure. The other boat that is anchored there in the photo is the "Argus III", Neptune's commercial fishing boat.

There are floating channel markers between the mooring field and the Neptune's anchorage.
Jboothe
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:11 pm    

Thank you very much. I was wondering how far west of the mooring field you can go before its a problem. From your reply and looking at the info I have, I guess you can go over there quite a ways. That should make for some better, uninterrupted sunsets! Little longer dingy ride but quieter too.

I look forward to receiving you chart.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:43 pm    

When you get the chart, you will see that there is plenty of space there. I should have your chart in the mail to you on Monday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use