BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Boat share available

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Charter Sharing and Coordination
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbienko
Link to this postPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: BVIPirate Burgee Boat share available

There are a number of shares in the corporate entity called Sunquest Ventures. Up until Irma, we owned a 40 foot Beneteau that everyone got 2 weeks a year on. So when the boat got totaled we allowed people out, and we want to buy a new boat but need new partners. Ideally 5 more to make 12 total. Each equity share will cost between 12 to 15,000.00. Depending on numbers of members. Annual dues/maintenance costs are 1800. The group has been in existence for 25 years, this will be the third boat. So we have a pretty good handle on how to run it. The reason we lost five members is really age, all of the departing were at least 70. We are looking at boats 40 foot, 3 cabins, less than 10 years old. Had signed a contract on a 2013 Beneteau 41, but they could not deliver the boat after 6 months, so we moved on. I paid 3,000. For my share 9 years ago, my insurance payoff was 6,000. So I had a nice cruise for two weeks a year for 9 years and made money. Your results may vary. If you are interested let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Charter Sharing and Coordination All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use