BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Gene's - Carrot Bay

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Great Gene's - Carrot Bay

We were very sorry that Cruisin' in Carrot Bay closed this past spring. The food there was excellent, and it was our favorite place to eat on the west end of Tortola. They closed because of serious problems with the landlord.

I am very happy to say that Gene and Robin, formerly of Cruisin', have just opened Gene's, their new restaurant in Carrot Bay. Just like Cruisin', the food is superb and very reasonably priced. I had Gene's chicken roti last night and Nancy had a beef stir fry that was also excellent.

They are located at the west end of Carrot Bay, where the new vacation villas are.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:06 am    

Back to Gene's last night. Nancy had the beef stir fry again - it is really that good. I had their stewed conch, and it was superb, far exceeding my expectations. I make a damned good conch stew, but I like Gene's even more.
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:01 am    

Had a wonderful conch dish at Chatham Bay, Union Island with Shark Attack BBQ on the beach.
It was served cold like a salad... tender diced conch meat in marinade and finely chopped veggies.

Of course, they called the conch "lambi".
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:29 pm    

Planning to try out Gene's in February
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use