BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
BUF-EIS

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Travel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BVI North
Link to this postPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Note BUF-EIS

For March break 8 of us traveled buf-eis. We took the Friday evening flight to jfk on then the midnight flight to sju. All went smoothly. We hung out at the Cape air desk dozing more than anything else. There were about4 other groups down ng the same. Our flight was supposed to be 7:15 but island time had us leave 45 minutes late. Through Tim Horton donut bribes at Buffalo we managed to get our bags checked all the way through. Both Cape air and jet blue assued me this wouldn't be a problem. Maybe the guy at the checkin was new but he really had the scratch his head how to do it. Thankfully he did,
Once we arrived to SJU we were able to stay inside security which was nice. I had a map of the airport and we found our way ok.
At SJU they let us take pictures with the pilot and the walk out to the plane. At EIS we got a stern taking to, a few times, about cameras between the plane and customs.
We capitalized on VIP status even though we the only ones on the plane, it helped at customs with our carry on of meat, no fees.
The return trip was at 7:15 as well, got to the airport at 6:30 as directed and it took them 60 minutes to process our 8 and the 1 other on the flight. The guys on the counter seemed uncertain and it turned into comedy of errors on their end.
Customs went well at sju and we had a lot of time before our next flight. SJU is an airport I wouldn't try to cut transfer times close.
All in all it worked great and the night flight allowed us off the dock on Saturday.
Next time I'm looking at the same flight down and maybe ferry and STT back.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:33 am    

We fly out of Buffalo a lot. We usually get a first flight out in the morning, try to avoid JFK at all costs, connect either atlanta or charlotte, and are in STT by 2:30ish. Kevin Campbell meets us at the airport, ferry to Tortola, and on the boat by 5ish. Shop at Ritway, store goods, bed, and up early for briefing andd boat checkout.

Works well for us, and cheaper than flying into EIS. Love starting ilon time at the Petit pump room, and sitting on the open deck of the ferry...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Travel All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use