BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
San Juan to Anegada air service

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Travel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecm56
Link to this postPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Note San Juan to Anegada air service

After WAY too long we are planning our return to Anegada in April. We have a flight into San Juan and would like to find a flight directly from San Juan to Anegada. What is the best option these days?

Thanks,

Eric
JasonHelmbrecht
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:41 am    

Air America is the best pricing from San Juan and they do a great job! If you haven't already booked your commercial flight to San Juan, see if you can get to St. Thomas for the same price and then you can use Ace Flight Center for less than half the price of Air America.

-Jason
ecm56
Link to this postPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:55 pm    

Thanks Jason. We're already booked into SJU. Air America so far is the least expensive - still looking like $2400 to $2500 round trip. That's more than I expected - I was hoping we could get round trip for $1600 - $1800.

Alas, next time . . . .
JasonHelmbrecht
Link to this postPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:57 pm    

You might want to check the cost to change to STT. Roundtrip cash prices on Ace is $1000.
ecm56
Link to this postPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:22 pm    

Jason:

Thanks. Good idea. It looks like I can change for only about a $200 hit. I will look into that further. Appreciate the suggestions!

Eric
ecm56
Link to this postPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:27 pm    

Looks like a $400 hit ($200 each way) to make the change. It's still looking like it may be worth it.
ecm56
Link to this postPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:32 am    

So far all the quotes for air charters have been $1000 less from Saint Thomas to Anegada (compared to San Juan) so we went ahead and changed our flights to land at St. Thomas. Change fee was $400 total (two travelers, two flights) with American/USAir. Fare was almost exactly the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Travel All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use