BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Best Grocery Store?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, All  
Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Provisioning and Shopping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:22 pm    

BaardJ wrote:
I could probably manage provisioning at the Pasea East End if it were for just my wife and I.

I think you meant Riteway East End...
Link to this postPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Note Best place to provision

We just finished a month cruising the BVIs and we found that One Mart will pick any boaters up anywhere on Tortola take them to the store and return (no charge) they are trying to get the boat business. Selection was good and fresh local produce available and prices were set for the locals not inflated like Rite Way

Call Alberto at 1 284 499 2359 tell him the Canadians sent you very pleasant and helpful even got us a taxis to take us to the ferry when we were leaving

I call that service
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:56 am    

Our shopping always involves RTW (Road Town Wholesale, next door to the Pasea Riteway), the Pasea Riteway, and One Mart.

RTW has the best prices on everything, but it is a bulk store. In the past, almost everything had a minimum quantity. The minimums were generally not very large. They have just changed their policy, allowing purchase of anything in single quantities, with increasing discount as the quantity increases. They have basic produce, but no fresh meat. RTW is the wholesale side of Riteway. We get a lot of our basics at RTW.

Riteway has fresh meat. Their meat department rivals anything that we have near us in Houston. The quality of the fresh meat at Riteway is far and away better than the fresh meat at One Mart. Other than fresh produce, Riteway has a much, much larger selection of everything than One Mart. Their selection of fresh produce is only slightly better than One Mart.

One Mart frequently has better quality and fresher produce than Riteway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Provisioning and Shopping All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, All
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

Terms of Use