BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
road town fast ferry

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Travel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WalterPreston
Link to this postPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Note road town fast ferry

the weekend 12:00 fast ferry from road town to charlotte amalie has been cancelled, we just learned, yet it remains on the website schedule. oh joy!
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:52 am    

Welcome to the Caribbean!
WalterPreston
Link to this postPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:31 pm    

Thanks Walker, there's more.

Went to the west end, another company agreed to honor the tickets, but it was St. John's, west end and a long cab ride to the airport. We opted to buy seats on Smith direct to Charlotte Amalie. Whats another $200 in paradise. After a decent ride down wind we turned in toward the harbor when the operator announced that customs was closing and we had to clear through St Johns. Turned and pounded our way to clear thru St. John's, then back to CA a hour later. Off to the airport where, of course, we cleared customs once again.

My cousin, a world class sailor, retired to live in the USVIs for about 15 years. he believed the sole purpose of government there was to rob the residents and tourists. Everyone else you meet are wonderful.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:36 pm    

Nancy and I were just discussing how nothing in the islands - BVI or USVI - works as you would think it does. It is strange to me how We have morphed from being totally annoyed by the inconsistencies to now being lightly amused by them.

We are pretty much well into the amused stage now. We bracket the entire trip to and from inside a shell of essentially zero expectations. That way, we are able to keep our stress level down during travel. When something goes right, we are happy because our expectations have been exceeded. When something goes wrong, we are not surprised because we don't expect anything better.

I do think that the government in the USVI is overly abusive of US citizens. That is the reason that we diligently avoid any travel to or through the USVI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Travel All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use