BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
Log in Register
BVI Weather
Is this really possible?
Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Pirate's Pub
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Link to this postPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Note Is this really possible?

Finally finished putting together the plans for a trip to VG/Anegada at the end of May. Decided to just bite the bullet and fly from SJU to VG rather than play ferry bingo between St Thomas and Tortola. We decided to book with Cape Air as (we thought) they were the most stable and reliable. Two days after booking the flights, I get an email from Cape Air informing me of a schedule change. We now have 1hr 5min between arrival in SJU and departure for VG. Also, there is now no later flight going to Virgin Gorda. When I called, they assured me that if Delta is on time arriving in SJU, we should have no problem making the flight. I explained that we would have a checked bag that would have to be retrieved. Still said no problem - and by the way, your tickets are non-refundable. Their web-site says you have to be checked in 1 hour prior to departure.

I hadn't purchased any trip insurance yet as I was still finalizing villa and car retals when I got the email. Do I need to call back and pitch a fit to get this flight cancelled and get a refund or is it really possible to make this flight?
Back to top
Link to this postPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:43 pm    

Hmmm.... That's a tough one. The fact is, Cape Air is very seldom on time departing from SJU. They typically run an hour or more late. But, if you bet on this, it will be the one day a month that their SJU departure is on time.

I guess this comes down to gambling on whether Delta is on time.

I would call them back and complain. When you booked your flight, you had plenty of time to make the connection. Their schedule change has now made it iffy. I think I would demand from them that they allow you to cancel your reservation with a full refund so that you can book something that is more likely to work out for you.
Back to top
Link to this postPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:40 pm    

If Cape Air has the option, you might consider a later flight to Tortola and then use North Sound Express. I'm guessing the last flight was cancelled due to daylight limitations but Beef Island has night flights.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Pirate's Pub All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

Terms of Use