BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Painkiller

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Island Grog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Martini Painkiller

Painkiller

4 parts pineapple juice
    2 parts orange juice
    1 part cream of coconut
    Pusser's Rum to taste (about 2 to 4 parts)
    Lightly sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg
    Serve over crushed ice.

The freshly grated nutmeg is essential. When bareboating, we use plastic gallon water jugs to make them, which works out to about a bottle of rum, a BIG can (46 oz.) of pineapple juice, half of a large can of OJ, and 1 large can of Coco-Lopez. This mixes up just under a gallon.

This, like other island drinks is properly served only in a disposable plastic cup.
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:55 pm    

Very nice. Exactly what we do too!
We usually keep a gallon of the 'virgin' mix in the ice-box on the boat, and add rum to suit.
SeaRay
Link to this postPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:58 am    

When making the gallon of painkillers what is considered a large can of coco Lopez
mikonop
Link to this postPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:01 pm    

One 46 oz can of Pineapple juice
one 12 oz container of OJ
one 12 oz can of Coco Lopez
Rum to taste
fresh nutmeg

mike
SeaRay
Link to this postPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:04 am    

Thanks for the help with the recipe. I made a gallon for a Christmas eve party. I warned everyone that there was plenty of alcohol in the drinks. Most insisted they could not taste any alcohol. Funny thing is we could all tell the alcohol was tasting them!
andrew
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:01 am    

I always use a 46 oz can of pineapple AND a 46 oz can of pineapple/orange as well as the full bottle of Pusser's. Sometimes it takes extra Coco Lopez tho, and it always fills the gallon jug level full.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Island Grog All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use