BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Pete's Pub / Pete's Blaster

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Island Grog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject:  Pete's Pub / Pete's Blaster

Walker,I remember reading in one of your posts that you've been to this bar in teh Bahamas. There was an article in this month's Cruising World, page 18, mentioning this beach bar as well as the aforementioned rum drink called a 'Blaster'. Do you or anybody else have a recipe for this? I'm always up for trying a new rum drink.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:46 am    

I haven't been there -- Bahamian bars are Herve's bailiwick.

Herve? Know anything about this?
Herve
Link to this postPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:06 am    

Yeap...Leigh the bartender at Pete's "invented" it....It is very similar to all the other "special" rum drinks in the Abacos...Lots of rum and some kind of citrus punch...
On Guana you have the 'grabber' and the 'nipper', on Green Turtle it's the 'goombay smash" invented by Miss Emily at the Blue Bee bar.

here is a recipe for 'goombay smash' (the others are trade secrets.. Very Happy )

1 oz spiced rum
1 oz MalibuŽ coconut rum
1/4 oz apricot brandy
2 oz pineapple juice
2 oz orange juice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Island Grog All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use