BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Scuba Air Fill Stations

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Diving and Snorkeling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Note Scuba Air Fill Stations

Hey all - I'm going to try and contact the appropriate businesses with my question, but I'd also like some first hand accounts from experience. Does anyone know if the air fill station at Leverick is operational? It wasn't last time I was there and we were counting on it.

Also - is there an air fill station at Bitter End and is it reliable? Any other places on North Sound to refill tanks?
sail2wind
Link to this postPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:24 pm    

The dive shop was open a few weeks ago at Leverick. Pretty sure BEYC was open as well. You also have Dive BVI in Spanish Town, closest fill to the dogs.
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:43 am    

Just finished making a few calls.

Kilbrides (located at Bitter End) refills tanks for $8 apiece. Open from 7am to 5:30pm. 284-495-9638 and also monitor VHF 16.

Dive BVI (located at Leverick) refills tanks for $8 apiece. Open from 8am to 5pm. However, they seem to run a looser operation, so I would call ahead. 284-495-7328.

As expected, all require a c-card in order to fill.

Best I can tell these are the only options in NS for an air fill. I may try to compile a list of air fill stations throughout the BVI and post it in this thread. I haven't checked the Cruising Guide yet to see if it does this. If it does I'll point to it. I'll also post here about my experience with BEYC on my upcoming trip. Like I said above, I tried to use Leverick two years ago and the lady in the shop told me it was broken. Later I got my tanks filled at the shop in Soper's Hole, but they opened late and then their fill station was slow. Normally I'm not in a hurry, but it was our last day and we were trying to get the Indians in and make it back to base before noon, so I was in a little bit of a hurry.
sail2wind
Link to this postPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:44 am    

Frank, already has an air fill page.Spanish Town, Norman, Peter, Cooper, Hodges Creek, Nanny Cay, Soper's, JVD, proabably somewhere in Road Town, Scrub and probably one or 2 I missed.
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:57 am    

Good to know. Thanks for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Diving and Snorkeling All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use