BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Fish n' Lime

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Note Fish n' Lime

Anyone tried it yet? We're planning on doing dinner there while moored at Soper's. Sounds like a promising but limited start so far. I'd love to hear from someone who's eaten there.
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:04 pm    

Evan and Nina had lunch there a few weeks a ago. His burger was just OK. Nina had a fish Sandwich that was good. Several other reports of hit and miss but I would give it a shot.
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:54 pm    

Since JR is gone and Pussers isn't worth the trouble, we'll definitely give Fish n' Lime a chance. I'll post a review here when we get back.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:59 pm    

We actually had a great lunch at Pussers in Sopers Hole. The service was almost the best we saw in the islands and the food was pretty good, considering the bad reviews we have seen!

You might want to give it another shot, we also ate at Pussers Marina Cay for the first time in years, and it was quite busy, but the service was spot on, and the food excellent!

I am never sure whether it's hit or miss, but I prefer to believe that we're the rule, not the exception. Wouldn't hesitate to try either or both locations again!
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:12 am    

I'm glad to hear you had a good experience. We had a decent experience at the Pussers on Marina Cay once. But in RT and Soper's we had very bland experiences. Poor service and unremarkable food. In most cases our crew members will not ever do a trip like this again - kind of a once in a lifetime thing for them. So we're looking for the best experience we can provide. When we try something and it's a dud, we chalk it up to experience. When we have more than one bad experience we start looking for someplace else. This also happens to be the last night on the boat. So after a week of amazing food, it's a shame to end on a bad note. The only other place in the islands on our list of "We're done with that place" is Saba Rock. Love the atmosphere and the service was fine, but the food (for dinner) has just never been great.
Lcrich
Link to this postPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:37 am    

Went to Pussers twice in October at Sopers Hole. It was just okay, service sucked, food bland. They know they are the only place around. Glad to hear Fish n Lime is open. Maybe Sopers will step up with some competition.
Not sure if you want to take a taxi but we had the best dinner on the island at Banakeet. Arrived about 5 and had drinks, unbelievable sunset and awesome dinner. Plus the service was top notch.
We are thinking about taking our crew there in October. Moor at Cane and taxi over.
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:04 am    

That's our plan as well. The night before we overnight at Soper's we'll be at CGB. We're going to do dinner at Bananakeet that night.

We overnight in Soper's because the next morning is our dive/snorkel at the Indians and then the boat has to be back at Wickham's Cay by noon. So it sets us up for a good start to the day. I like the vibe in Soper's. It's different from any of the other anchorages we stay in. They've just been struggling for a good dinner option that we can dinghy to. JR was open last June after a brief closure (from what I understand) and we had a good meal there. I was hopeful it would continue. We'll see how FnL is.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:15 am    

I haven't been, but have heard great things about Frenchmans, have you considered going there? We have tried on our last two trips to get there, but we don't usually stay in Sophers, so we'd be going by car, and the timing just never worked out.

Hope to get there on our Xmas trip, we'll see!
Lcrich
Link to this postPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:19 am    

We have heard great things about Frenchmans too! Great option for Sopers
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:20 am    

Not familiar with Frenchman's. Where is it?
sunseeker
Link to this postPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:01 pm    

An easy 15-20 minutes walk from sopers anchorage, over the bridge, past Kellys, follow along and the resort and restaurant shows up. A bit dark so bring a flashlight . We love to hike and explore and enjoy walking everywhere but also a quick taxi ride. The food was amazing and well worth the journey. dine
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:22 pm    

I see it on the map now that you've pointed it out. Thanks!
sail2wind
Link to this postPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:47 am    

it's an easier taxi ride, kind of an aggressive walk and I would get there a sweaty mess. The food is outstanding as well as the service. We ate there a few weeks ago with tony and Melody and had a wonderful evening. I have never had a bad meal at Pussers, poor service, yes, but the food is always palatable. We did have lunch at Fish and Lime, while our boat was hauled. The service was excellent and Nina's Mahi sandwich was very good. I am an admitted burger snob and can easily distinguish fresh meat from a frozen patty, mine was the latter.
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:09 pm    

Looking at Frenchman's website it looks like a nice place. Will we be ok in shorts and collared shirts?
sail2wind
Link to this postPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:09 pm    

shorts and t-shirts would be fine, not fancy at all
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:17 pm    

excellent. thx!
luvddsun
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Cool Frenchman's and Bananakeet

Both are wonderful!!!!
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:15 am    

Having visited Fish n' Lime since I started this thread, I can certainly agree! Still haven't visited Frenchman's, but we will one day.

Fish n' Lime was so good, though - both food and service - that getting my crew to try something new may be tough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use