BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
island grog made very easy

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Island Grog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailonly7
Link to this postPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Note island grog made very easy

I was browsing thru some of the posts, and came across Island Grog.

Grog to me, is pretty simple, and is made with Dark Rum ( which is the highest quality of any rum distillery.)

1. Glass

2. Fill glass with ice

3. ( previously purchased a bottle of DARK RUM and poured in a good amount of Vanilla Extract, or
vanilla flavoring. Shake up da bottle , mon )

4. Pour the laced dark rum into the ice filled glass. Leave a tiny bit of room for a splash or two of fresh bottled water. Not water from the boats tanks.

5. If you feel like it , add a squeeze of lime. ( Not required )

That is it, done deal, You will find that drinks goes down very, very easy, ah maybe too easy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I drink my rum that way, not only in the caribbean, but many years living on Kauai, and now in Dana Point, Ca. on the mainland.

How to drink excellent rum cheap on the mainland.

If you have a Trader Joes near you, they generally carry:

WHALERS DARK RUM. $ 9.95 big time bottle. Then I pick up some vanilla flavoring at Ralphs market. Shake...shake. That is it, done deal, no fruit, no umbrellas, no effort, lots of fun.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erica does not drink her rum like the above, But does have a very simple rum drink.

1. Bottle of light Barcardi Rum

2. Pour in some frozen Limeaid. ( stir up, littlle darling, stir it up, )

3. Fill glass with ice

4. Pour in the Barcadi to the top of the ice.

5. Stir it up, little darlin' its alright.

Actually, we individully make our own drinks and also fix da rum in gym shakers when we go out bbqing at our local parks . Did the same program on kauai.

There you go, simple, easy , tasty, flows down mighty nice, and no several kinds of mixers, or umbrellas, or two foot long straws.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some one mentioned coconut or spiced rum, what to mix them with.

For us, they are already mixed.

1. GLASS

2. Fill with ice

3 Fill with coconut or spiced rum

4. Hoist the glass, and toast and drink.

I fully understand that exotic tropical drinks are what dreams of island travels are made of, and that is a good thing, and great for happy time morale . Again, do what feels and tastes good to you, there a many, many good drink recipes listed on these forums, and on those drink menu cards at the beach bars and restaurant. Life is good !

Cheers, Manuia, Okole maluna,
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:59 pm    

Nancy (my wife) drinks her rum pretty much that way. She prefers Cruzan Dark, ice, and water with occasionally a squeeze of lime or a touch of passion fruit juice.
sailonly7
Link to this postPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Note island grog made very easy

Walker, and Nancy

Absolutely, many of our beach bars here have CRUZAN in the well, and I order that.

Oh, and back on Kauai, we have friends who named their dog CRUZAN .

Very nice...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Island Grog All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use