BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Ferry or Water Taxi?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Ferries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
preserved
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Note Ferry or Water Taxi?

Hey everyone,

We arrive at St Thomas STT at 1pm, and need to get to Beef Island.

I'm trying to figure out if a water taxi is better for our group of 4 than messing with the ferries. Last year, we did this same trip and between the taxies, the ferries, & customs we didn't arrive until very late. It would be great if we could get to Beef Island earlier so we can go food shopping & eat dinner.

So, I'm having difficulty sorting out the prices involved. Does the water taxi pick us up at the STT airport? If so, we'd save taxi fees at both ends. Anyone know what taxi fares are from STT to the ferry terminal? And the taxi prices from the Road Town ferry terminal to Beef Island?

Are the water taxi outfits reliable?

Thanks!

jeff
JasonHelmbrecht
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:23 pm    

Ace Air Center will transport you in 25 minutes for $500 cash. If you add the taxis and ferry costs up, it might be worth it and they go on your schedule...
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:45 pm    

No water taxi from the STT airport, and I am guessing that you will have to taxi to Red Hook to catch a water taxi to Tortola. Like Jason posted - Ace is likely your best bet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Ferries All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use