BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
United & Cape Air

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Travel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Note United & Cape Air

Well, I bit the bullet and finally booked our air for Xmas 2013.

$975 from Toronto to Tortola, direct booking with United & Cape Air.

It's only about $200 more per person than what I spent last year to fly after Xmas, Buffalo to St. Thomas.

I figure I am ahead of the game, since I don't have to book before and after hotels, ferries and taxis.

Going isn't too bad, about an hour longer than the flights to STT, but coming back is a bitch - 18 hours, but it's on Jan 1st, so expecting the worst and hoping for the best!
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:03 pm    

I think flying into Tortola is worth it. From the west coast, the red eye and you are in Tortola by noon. Done the St Thomas thing and its ok but not my first choice.
This weekend I was emailing and on the phone with the newbies who are going tandem with us in August. We were chuckling about how obsessive it is to be thinking about packing lists so far off but time is just flying by. I love planning trips. Just booked 12 days in Hawaii for November.
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:35 pm    

Been watching fares for late December, right after Christmas. Thinking 3 weeks this time. Watching October/November too, might throw in a week or so. Just missed EWR/STT 12/26-1/15 for $373...around $500 now, but I think it will drop again.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:06 am    

Wow, that's a great deal!

I hope we actually get to meet you this time Bruce! Maybe you can come sailing with us! We're there Dec 20th to Jan 1st....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Travel All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use