BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
fishing?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coastie743
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Note fishing?

Hope to be able to make the trip out to Anegada while there in early May. Very excited about that part of the trip, something just tells me that it will be my favorite spot! Anyway, as far as fishing the flats there, any tips, things to bring as far as tackle, typical fishing for that time of year, etc? This is my first trip to the BVI and cant wait!
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:28 am    

If you scroll down the list of topics there are two forums for fishing. I'm sure you will find an abundance of information there or ask Walker as he is the resident fishing guru..
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:37 am    

We've hooked up just about anywhere.
Small jacks, tuna, mahi, and the ever-present barracuda.
We use handlines and rod-and-reel with artificial lures.

Get a fishing license!
Island-Surf-and-Sail
Link to this postPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:00 am    

Yes, a fishing permit is necessary when fishing in the BVI! It's better to organise your permit before going here to avoid delays.
sail2wind
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:19 am    

you can email the info and get a license in 1 or 2 days, someone have the email address?
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:03 am    

Last year I corresponded with KenThomas@gov.vg to get a license.
Robinmitchell
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:04 pm    

There is also a fine guy on Anegada that does bone fishing tours. His name escapes me right now, maybe someone else could chime in. Dave? He has always provided a fun time for the guys on the trip.
sail2wind
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:25 pm    

Danny
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:03 pm    

You do NOT need a fishing license to fish the flats here. The BVI does not have a fishing license for any fishing that does not involve a boat.

And Robin - you are thinking of Danny Vanterpool - a very good friend of mine.
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:53 am    

Hey Walker, We are down in August and had been talking about using Danny to do some fishing. I just read a post on his FB page that he was taking some time off at the end of July. Is there anyone else that is reliable if Danny is not available?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:50 pm    

Yes - Garfield or Kevin Faulkner are as good as they come. See http://forums.bvipirate.com/viewtopic.php?p=1692
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use