BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Moorings 4600 Cat / BVI / Starting April 9 / Sailors Needed

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Charter Sharing and Coordination
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gcharlock
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Note Moorings 4600 Cat / BVI / Starting April 9 / Sailors Needed

4 - 11 night sailing trips. Friends cancelled. Starting April 9th. Tortola. 25 yrs. experience. No set itinerary. Diving, dancing, hiking, snorkeling, fishing, shelling, sailing, cocktailing, etc. and Woody's. (We'll go t the USVI) gcharlock@aol.com. All fun people invited. Great rates! (Moorings Commodore discount) I have tons of experience with over 100 BVI trips. Don't hesitate to contact me. Will teacch anyone to sail. Hands on trip with no Capt Bligh! (guy on boat who wants to control everything). Feel free to email me and I'll forward on all the dates, costs, etc. We all plan the trip together in the Islands, (I just happen to know the good happy hours). Call Your Friends! George
sail2wind
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:31 pm    

he posted this on TTOL an Carol shut it down as advertising. Good luck on filling your cabin, also might want to try sailonline.com
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:35 pm    

Welcome over. I saw your post get shut down and PM'd you, I go by a different moniker on this board. Much more user friendly place....

Last edited by Calypso Me on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
gcharlock
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:37 pm    

sail2wind wrote:
he posted this on TTOL an Carol shut it down as advertising. Good luck on filling your cabin, also might want to try sailonline.com

Thanks for the info. George
gcharlock
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:50 pm    

Calypso Me wrote:
Welcome over. I saw your post get shut down and PM'd you, I go by a different moniker on this board. Much more user friendly place....

Thanks. I am new to the site. Any advice on how to find some fun groups is greatly welcome. George
Norman
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:21 am    

sail2wind wrote:
he posted this on TTOL an Carol shut it down as advertising.

I'm shocked! Shocked

Wink
Herve
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:20 am    

Welcome George,

had the same situation in Jan....did not turn out too well but that's a story for another time.

You may want to check on "find a crew" site ...tons of people looking for rides and willing to pay their way.
https://www.findacrew.net/
Just stay away from a Diana...

Also I would call Sunsail and see if they can help.

Hope it all turns out well for you
Herve
Norman
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:44 am    

You just never know how the crew will turn out...after all the drama on my trip this past Feb with an all friends crew, this type of thing is sounding better all the time! laugh
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:51 am    

Good luck finding your crew!

Wish we could go.
I need to figure out how to get my wife to be more adventuresome with 'unknown' crew.

We did a trip on Blue Moon w/ Captain Jim a few years back, a whole crew that we'd never me before, and it turned out grand!
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:59 am    

Twanger wrote:
Good luck finding your crew!

Wish we could go.
I need to figure out how to get my wife to be more adventuresome with 'unknown' crew.

Yes, you do! laugh

I find that "crewing" is a great way to meet new people, and talking to others on boats while sailing is another.

Crewing is different because you all have your own watches (private time) but you are also all on the same boat. A little of some people go a long way, but sometimes friendships turn out of that.

It's how I met Mike & Jean of Jeannius, Chris (Tradewinds), Capt Mark of Sanctuary, and also a Dr. & his wife who are now touring the world by sailboat.

Sorry George, that I cannot sail during April (Tax season), or I might just take you up on it!

Good luck finding crew!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Charter Sharing and Coordination All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use