BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
The Tamarind Club

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Staying Ashore
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Note The Tamarind Club

Our travel to and from Anegada always involves at least one night on Tortola on both ends of the trip. Nancy and I have stayed at the Tamarind Club (near Josiah's Bay) for the past three years on every trip.

The rooms at the Tamarind are not fancy, but are spacious, clean, and air conditioned. The restaurant is exceptionally good.

Their prices are very reasonable, and the Tamarind Club is only a short ride from the Beef Island airport.

http://www.tamarindclub.com/

https://www.facebook.com/tamarindclub
Norman
Link to this postPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 am    

Two of my crew from hell stayed there for two nights at the end of the trip this past Feb and loved it. There must be something magical about the place considering how they were at each others throats during the charter... yikes
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:35 am    

I've only ever gotten there for Sunday brunch...loved the feel of the place, we spent all day afterwards hanging around the pool, it was a great time!
Dugg
Link to this postPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Note The Tamarind Club

Hi

In 2011, we went to Josiah’s Bay from CGB via the Centerline Road. It’s pretty clear that we had not seen the Tamarind Club on previous visits, with quite a few cars parked in front. There were really quite a few people here, and didn’t seem to be suffering from the general decline we’d seen elsewhere. There were plenty of kids, dogs, and a generally quite young clientele. It’s my guess that most were expats or European (based on the quite general face kissing). We only stayed long enough for a single drink and only lingered long enough to escape the occasional moderate shower. We drove down the road past the site of the Secret Garden, still shut up like a drum, with the remains of the old plantation still out in front. From here, we continued down to the beach, where there was a huge new guest house, and a string of bars/shops on either side of a much larger building (probably also containing same). There were brand new fancy palapas strung down the beach instead of the nondescript ones there before. On the basis of what we saw, this would be a great place to stay, especially on the occasion where we know in advance that we will get into Tortola too late to rent a car from ITGO. The only time we’ve had to do this tho, we stayed at the Beef Island Guest House. Josiah’s beach is gorgeous but it has a dangerous undertow at times. Take care!

Peace
Dugg & Chris
Our VI pics are at http://picasaweb.google.com/papadugg and the 2012 pics are finally done
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:03 am    

I definitely miss Suzanne's Secret Garden. It was one of my favourite places to go when on Tortola.

Does anyone know where she has gone? Is she still on island?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Staying Ashore All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use