BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Guavaberry on Virgin Gorda

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Staying Ashore
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Note Guavaberry on Virgin Gorda

I guess as the requester of this forum I should be the first to post my favorite place in the world. We love Guavaberry on Virgin Gorda. We usually do a 10 day charter, then do a week at Guavaberry after. This will be year 22 of going to Guavaberry and Tina, Michelle and the crew never disappoint. Spring Bay is IMHO the best beach in the BVI. Cannot say enough good things about this little slice of heaven. Great prices, great accommodations, wonderful staff and an honor commissary.
Dugg
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Note Guavaberry on Virgin Gorda

Hi

As anyone who has followed our posts on (gasp!) TTOL knows, we are also enthusiastic regular guests at Guavaberry. Of course, our trips to the BVI are (now) entirely land based. Just a brief perusal of the pictures we have on Picasa should be enough to convince most folks. We would gladly live in our favorite cottage, Bougainvillea, except that thereís not enough room for our junk (as defined by George Carlin). What a pity that Charlie (one of the few people on TTOL that we have ever met) doesnít frequent this forum. His enthusiasm exceeds ours. clapping The new laundry at GSB is awesome and their beach at Spring Bay canít be beat (even though we love Savannah Bay and Mahoe). Nothing like having Mahogany waiting with a vehicle for your arrival at the Spanish Town docks. The landscaping and the flowers alone are worth the price (which is pretty modest, considering what you get). Keep up the good work, Tina and company (and Fluffy).

Peace
Dugg & Chris
Our VI pics are at http://picasaweb.google.com/papadugg/\ and the 2012 pics are finally done
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:28 pm    

My wife and I have been land-based twice and Virgin Gorda is our favorite island. The first time was a gift from friends and we stayed at LDB. But our next stay we were at Guavaberry. We loved it. And though we haven't been land-based since, we've sent friends to stay there. Prices make it easy. And our deck, which was built around a rock we could climb up onto, had amazing views of the channel and sunset. Staff was great. Beach is perfect. Here's a pan I did with my pocket camera - held my polarized glasses in front of the lens to get the colors a bit richer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bradleysix/3611295285/in/set-72157602561608398/lightbox/
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:28 am    

Nice photo Matt!
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:17 am    

Has anyone stayed in Banyon house recently. We are scheduled in Tulip in August and our friends are in Banyon. Tulip had its facelift last year but not sure where Banyon is in the update line at Guavaberry.
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:20 am    

Nice pictures Matt..
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:39 pm    

Thanks!

I can't help with the reno question. Haven't been back since 2009.
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:13 pm    

Just heard back from Tina Banyon was the first one bedroom to get refitted so it was done 2 years ago. So excited for this trip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Staying Ashore All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use