BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Best and worst

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lcrich
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Note Best and worst

We need a current list for newbies!
Our favorite food and atmosphere was the Sandcastle restaurant at Soggy Dollar Bar. Maybe because it was so unexpected. We loved giving our order at 4:30 and not thinking about it again until we were seated and served at 6:30. There were 8 of us and every single person raved about the food. And the ladies that cook and serve are so sweet.
We also loved Cooper and Banakeet.
Pussers at Sopers Hole - just ok, lousy service
Village Cay - just ok. Chickens need to go!!!
Willy T's was fun and the food is good for bar food. The two guys that were working and cooking did great.
We are coming again in April and need some ideas.
Thanks
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:00 pm    

Fat Virgins in North Sound has great food and fairly priced. Good lunch stop. I have not been to Cooper Island since they remodeled but they used to have the best roti hands down. Had great conch fritters and a sandwich thing at Soggy Dollar. Was superb!!!!! I like Bath and Turtle/Rendezvous at VG yacht harbor. Food is great and I love the staff. Edith, the bartender is a long time friend as well as the lovely Rose.
I try to avoid Pussers, just have never been impressed.
We have had some great breakfasts at Village Cay. They used to have a good roti as well.
Mad Dog by the Baths has a great panini menu and just a fun place.
Lots of good reviews of hog heaven up toward Leverick. Have no personal experience.

Be sure to do a review when you get back, we are heading down in August with newbies..
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:04 am    

This past January (2013)...

We had a surprisingly good meal at Marina Cay Pussers, and at Sopers Hole - a great waitress at both too!

Scrub's Caravel price fix menu and Leverick upstairs for their prime rib were both excellent, as always!

We also enjoyed Drake's Anchorage at Fort Burt Holel (dinner & lunch).

Pirates, not so much, but we'll try them again, hopefully they will have worked out their new restaurant reno kinks... Smile

Finally got a chance to have a cheeseburger at Nicole's on Brewer's beach, yummy!

On St. Thomas, can highly recommend PieWhole in Frenchtown - awesome pie and great fresh salads!
Herve
Link to this postPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:53 am    

If you can try to make it to Brandywine Bay...even though Davide has moved on the new chef Regis has done a great job on the menu and the atmosphere.
The Dove is rumored to be the best restaurant on Tortola right next to the ferry dock.
Corsairs on JVD for local flair.
Cooper Island has a nice atmosphere with decent food
the top of the baths for the view and decent food.

Walker on Anageda Smile
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:23 pm    

For what it is worth...

The Dove was financed by someone who masqueraded as a friend of Davide (Brandywine Bay) who studied Davide and then opened as his #1 competitor. You don't do that to friends. If you do, you are an asshole.

Just saying.... why we will never spend one penny at the Dove.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:09 am    

Walker, what is it that they say? Imitation is the greatest form of flattery...

I think Davide could handle the competition. The loss of the friendship, though, maybe not so much.

I ate at the Dove once, and found it to be very expensive for what it was, a loud bar of expats with a small trying to be exclusive restaurant in the back. The two don't mix very well, and I didn't appreciate spending a lot of money to listen to drunken sailors while I ate. I prefer much quieter fine dining, and I'm willing to pay for it.

The food was excellent though.
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:50 am    

I know this sounds crazy, but I am not a seafood eater. It does not get any better than a cheeseburger and fries at Cow Wreck Beach. If you want to go "fine dining", then the chicken pasta at Potter's.

Dang - I'm making myself hungry! dine
Norman
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:12 am    

Potter's, Corsairs, and Harris's are my must not miss places.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:14 pm    

Geez, I totally forgot to mention Sebastian's!

We stayed there and had dinner and breakfast, the new dinner menu was phenomenal! Davide's touch was certainly obvious, and well presented!

It was refreshing to finally see some new menu items!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use