BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Davide @ Scrub Island

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Note Davide @ Scrub Island

This is good news!

And no commute! LMAO

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2012_4th/Nov12_DPugliese.html
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:30 pm    

I talked to Davide this morning. He is very excited about it - but says he will not be walking to work. I have made that walk, both ways, one time. It is up and down some serious hills.

At least he will not have to take a boat to get to work any more.

This is going to be really good for Cele, too.

All in all, it really is a perfect fit.
Delta Dave
Link to this postPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:37 pm    

Is he going to continue his activities at his house?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:13 pm    

Delta Dave wrote:
Is he going to continue his activities at his house?

Short answer: yes. Davide has done a good number of events at Wali Nikiti by the request of Scrub Island management as special Scrub Island events. Once he has the Scrub Island kitchen running the way that he wants, I am sure that he will be able to continue hosting Scrub Island events as well as other special functions at Wali Nikiti.

Davide just spent several months sorting out the kitchen at the Amangiri Resort. He is a master at getting things to work smoothly.

The Scrub Island gig is a perfect fit for him.
H Man
Link to this postPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:25 pm    

We are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary with a charter this Christmas. In 1995, we dined at Brandywine. This trip will have us at Scrub for a night. Tell us about the restaurant, please.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:08 am    

Davide has long since left Scrub Island. Andy Niedenthal took over after Davide left and did a splendid job. Andy has moved on as well. The restaurant has had quite a turnover of chefs and staff since.

I cannot comment on quality now because I have not been there for several years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use