BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Bananakeet

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Plate Bananakeet

Nancy and I had dinner at Bananakeet last night. It is on the north side of Tortola on Windy Hill. The restaurant is up high, near the peak of the ridge on the west side of the point, giving it a really nice sunset view.

The food was great. We had conch fritters (of course) and very nice tuna sushi rolls. Malcolm (Manpot) and I both had very good racks of lamb. Nancy had a spicy shrimp dish that was also very good. The wine list is simple but adequate.

With cocktails, appetizers, wine, and dessert, the bill for the three of us was $134, no service charge added.

I highly recommend it if you are on the north shore.
Link to this postPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Plate Re: Bananakeet

Not only great food but the best sunset in the BVI
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:23 am    

I'm excited to here this....we are staying at the Heritage Inn for a couple nights after our charter.
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:52 am    

Bananakeet gets a two-thumbs up from us. One of our best meals in the islands!
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:20 pm    

We had a wonderful meal with our crew and were joined by Mal and Candace late June '08.

The wonderful evening made even better with Rueben playing!
Very Happy
teammac
Link to this postPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:45 pm    

Must we dress up with long trousers and a button shirt, or can we dine in our BVI boatwear?
teammac
Link to this postPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:48 pm    

saildoggie wrote:
We had a wonderful meal with our crew and were joined by Mal and Candace late June '08.

The wonderful evening made even better with Rueben playing!

Mark,(Saildoggie) I see that you busted out the avatar that you have always wanted to use on TTOL??????? NICE!
Very Happy
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:05 pm    

Off topic, but here's a bigger view!

Actually on topic, very tasty rendering!!

The kinda crew I would love to sail with...bummer isI would have to be much richer, much better looking and own a much nicer boat than my little Lido 14!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

OMG would that get Carol Hill's Burlap panties all bunched up or what??
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:07 pm    

Looks like dem bumpers are out. laugh
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:18 pm    

Yep, Bumper is 'de back, bumpers in 'de front!!! Whizzzz
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:42 pm    

[quote="saildoggie"]Off topic, but here's a bigger view!

Actually on topic, very tasty rendering!!

The kinda crew I would love to sail with...
quote]

Maybe you should check with NathanB or Zanshin to see where they get their crew. laugh
Link to this postPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:01 pm    

teammac wrote:
Must we dress up with long trousers and a button shirt, or can we dine in our BVI boatwear?

In Dec 2006 we had our final dinner there before coming home. As all have said it has fabulous food and our sunset view that evening was spectacular.

We were staying at the Mongoose in CGB so we did not have far to drive. With the hills and winding road back to CGB in mind I still took it easy on the vino that night. In hindsight we should have just taken a cab.

Nancy wore a short skirt / white blouse combo. I had on new shorts and golf shirt that I had picked up at Pussers that day. We were certainly not under dressed. I would think that the afternoon bar / pool crowd woudl be even more casual.
Dmgators
Link to this postPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:14 pm    

saildoggie wrote:
would that get Carol Hill's Burlap panties all bunched up or what??

You really don't know Carol, do you?
CaWino
Link to this postPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:48 pm    

Hey Saildoggie.....
Nice parrot!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use