BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Fishing the North drop

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussieinchicago
Link to this postPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Note Fishing the North drop

I am coming down to the lovely BVI in October. THis is my 4 trip and I have always had a bareboat. Same again this time and I will be there in late October. I love my fishing but i really just drag around a couple of lures whilst sailing in the hope of catching something. How far north of Anegada do I need to go to hit the north drop? Is it worth it or am I better of fishing the South drop?

Any help would be much appreciated
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:56 pm    

North drop is great fishing.

The most efficient way to fish the north drop is to come to Anegada, then go to Jost Van Dyke as your next stop. Leaving Anegada, go north for 2 or 3 miles, where you will hit the drop. Then sail southwest toward JVD, fishing the drop. When you are done, harden up and sail south to the eastern side of JVD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use