BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Barracuda on fly - Anegada

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Note Barracuda on fly - Anegada

We had planned to do some shark fishing last night. We use ladyship for shark bait, and I catch them with a fly rod at a place here that we call "the creek". It is the only place where the interior salt ponds connect to the sea, and it is normally loaded with ladyfish.

Yesterday afternoon - not a single one. Nada. But I did spot some barracuda in the creek. Cuda is the only thing that I have never caught on fly here. Shark, bones, permit, grouper, snapper, jack, you name it - but never a cuda. I tied up some flies for cuda a couple of years ago, but have never really had a chance to use them because spotting a barracuda is normally a chance thing.

So, I put my 6wt away and put one of my cuda flies on my 8wt. I can check barracuda off my list.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use