BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Fishing Rods as Carry-on

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fred
Link to this postPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Note Fishing Rods as Carry-on

Hi all,
I am checking for experiences with taking taking fishing rods on planes. The longest section is 3.5 feet and the rod tube is 4 feet. Flying direct from Atlanta so it's a 757 and I know the overheads are large enough to accomodate, but didn't know if there were some kind of restrictions that I haven't heard of before.
Thanks,
Fred
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:25 pm    

No problem at all. We have brought many, many rods down here.
andyfjr
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Note Fishing Rods

Hey Walker, did you have your rod's in a case? I saw a chap at the charlotte airport last week who had two rod's (4 pieces) zip tied together...We fly out Saturday morning...As of today, I don't have a case... was contemplating leaving my gear at home and renting vs. buying a case or just carrying em on sans a case. Also thought of using a piece of PVC tubing.
Your thoughts???
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:03 pm    

No case - takes too much room. I just take the sections and zip-tie them together, then carry them on bare.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use